Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your first Tesla is like your first baby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for your first Tesla is like waiting on the birth of your first child.
With a baby on the way, you decorate the room, buy the baby bed, buy the car seat and lots more.
It all just sits there while you wait for the baby to be born.

Its like a Tesla Model Y.
You order the car.
You get the charging point installed at home.
You buy the things you need for it - Mats, storage for the dash cam/sentry, storage bins for the trunk, wheel locks and much more.

And it all just sits there for months in the garage waiting to be used with no way of knowing when you will actually get the vehicle.

At the hospital, you can wait days for your child to be born while other mothers turn up, deliver and leave.

Its the same with a Tesla Model Y.
You see others in this forum or on YouTube who have ordered the same spec car a month after you, but have already taken delivery and you are still waiting for your VIN.

I hope this new baby is worth it!

You know you have about 9 months to prep for your baby. With Tesla, you have nine months, then it drops to 3 months, then goes out to 10 months, then shifts to 6 months and 5 months later, it goes to another 6 months. Finally after 11 months, you get a text saying you're in labor and have 3 days to pick up your baby. All the while, you hope your new baby comes with upgraded tech and no defects. o_O

I posted this years ago when I got my 2015 Model S (I am now waiting for a new Model Y for my wife) but for those 'nesting' their garages for their new baby, here is how I have the charging cable set up that's worked great:

Reactions: carpendj
Being the father of grown children I can testify that a Model YP with FSD, tow and some aftermarket wheels in the garage is a WHOLE lot cheaper than rearing one offspring.
Maybe a Model X Plaid if they go to a State University.