Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Your first UK Tesla MOT? Checklist before the visit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is there any reason we can't use Valet mode rather than creating new profiles / disabling PIN to drive?
Valet probably equally as useful in the MOT (no spare in the front, and for most, not in rear either although our boot was opened during the MOT I guess to check that an aftermarket spare hadn't been put in there).

Valet is limited in some circumstances (as aforementioned no access to front boot) so it is useful to have some form of 'service' profile setup (only takes a couple of seconds to setup) when access to these areas are required by a non Tesla third party and you are not around to otherwise assist. Some people do, imho, take these profiles to extreme - I've heard of some people having profiles for seats forward, seats back etc when cleaning their cars.

The way that changes to driver profiles get saved have changed many times during our ownership, and on this occasion, even though we didn't save the new seat position, it stuck to the changed position even after changing driver profile to another then back again, so had to readjust seating position.

Had my MOT at the local garage, and went great! Just showed them a few of the basic controls and to use the 4 lift pads/points, and also gave them a printout of the official Tesla MOT docs, and away they went. Received car back three hours later, with a newly minted MOT certificate pass for a year.

Didn't bother setting valet mode, or even Chill mode haha.

+1 for Kwik-Fit MOTs. M3’s are ten a penny in Surrey though.. Had a tyre done by their mobile fitters the day before - third M3 he’d done that day. He said they all go in EV courses now. MOT/tyre fitter had own pucks - and I left a note for the tester asking him to play nice with the jacking points and didn’t hang around like an expectant father. .

I followed the checklist though. Nice not to have own seat profile messed up etc. They borrowed keycard/I disabled PIN to drive - they didn’t need Tesla MOT guidance.

Saw a spirited acceleration/brake test in front of bays….had switched back from Chill as it felt spongy driving there….

Given they can ask me to open it, that seems like I'll use valet mode... I can't see why they need to do that personally, as cars like the Mercedes EQS don't allow owners access.
Plus will they follow the Tesla recommended two hands to shut? Dream on 😉
taking my M3 for first MOT. Am I correct if I put valet mode and speed limit I do not need to give the key card to the garage?