Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your gonna get it tonight!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggested solution: If you kept the receipt, return the grain for a refund and give them an invoice for cleaning up mouse piss. And if you really want to catch the mouse and get revenge, disguise yourself as a wedge of cheese and sleep in the car with a gun and shoot him as he returns from hiding. You can't just let him get away with this!
Interesting stories like this help take the edge off of covid isolation. Thanks.:)

Not possible the larger sacks were untouched and only small holes chewed into the paper bags, but I don't see how you could scoup gains without noticing something like that! Yes the windows were up and all the doors were closed, trunk latched.

I wood like to figure out how the mouse is getting in. My 3 is an 18 must so it's possible there's some panel gap it something that it is squeezing though. Does someone know where the rear vent is that allows you to close the door? I believe all cars have them, and it's probably in the trunk somewhere and I would like to inspect mine.

A bit messy - but try baby powder. Put in all over your trunk mat, then follow the footprints. This worked great in my old townhome - tracked the damn thing coming out from where sink piping was, up the counter, across the kitchen and up the pantry.

Worse, he could be driving a Kia Soul. You'll never get rid of the rodents.
upload_2020-8-3_9-24-11.png

Not possible the larger sacks were untouched and only small holes chewed into the paper bags, but I don't see how you could scoup gains without noticing something like that! Yes the windows were up and all the doors were closed, trunk latched.

I wood like to figure out how the mouse is getting in. My 3 is an 18 must so it's possible there's some panel gap it something that it is squeezing though. Does someone know where the rear vent is that allows you to close the door? I believe all cars have them, and it's probably in the trunk somewhere and I would like to inspect mine.
"I wood like to figure out..."

Would...

Just checked the traps; no PB, no mouse. Traps were still set :(
Mouse : 1
Tesla Owner : 0

I made sure to glob the PB inside the curled piece this time. Tonight that mouse is going to get it!

Also ordered one of those roller traps for garage use.
When we had mice in the house last year, ants would eat the PB before the mice got there (and of course, ants don't set off the traps). Maybe you just have some clever mice, but I wouldn't rule out something like bugs eating the PB either!

Another vote for peanut butter and the electric mouse traps. They are safe for use around dogs and cats, too.

In addition to the one inside your car, I'd setup another four or five around the car. I think setting one up at each wheel would be a good way to entice them before they use the wheels as ladders into your Tesla.

I've had great luck with the electric traps and peanut butter. The lethal shock is instant, so there's no chance of the mouse suffering. There's also no chance of a gory result damaging the interior of your car with hard to remove rodent parts/liquids.

• Informative
Reactions: Glamisduner