Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your gonna get it tonight!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mouse.jpg

Baited mouse traps and a rat chewed(?) umbrella. My guess is that the OP is protecting the umbrella from further damage and not anything to do with the car.
I left a bag of grain for a beer I was going to brew in the trunk and that night a mouse got in and ate through the bag and *sugar* and pissed all over the car and on my white seats. Removed the grain the next morning. Then a week the mouse was back, chewed up the foam handle on my umbrella and *sugar* in my cup holders. I had I grain or good or anything in the car.

I have no idea how a mouse is getting into the interior. I need to check and see if my in cabin filter had been compromised but it's been over 100 degrees all week.

We have wild mice come down on the hillside, but we have cars parked outside for years and never had an issue with them getting into the interior, so it's crazy to think they are getting into the car parked in the garage.

Those mousetraps work fine for me at least 50% of the time anyways? They are cheap and disposable.

Anyone know where the mouse could be entering the car from?

No results last night, maybe because I went for a long drive and was up late.

I left a bag of grain for a beer I was going to brew in the trunk and that night.... <snip; bolding/italics mine>
You were planning on brewing beer in your trunk? That's the issue. Normally people cook their brew inside their garage or perhaps outside on the patio. :)

I sometimes have fun when parsing written statements. It comes from years and years of computer programming where you have to be quite specific in the sequencing of your code in order to get the correct result(s).

If the windows were up there's no way a mouse could get inside a car. My wife's theory: You bought a bag of grain with a mouse already hiding in the bag.
Not possible the larger sacks were untouched and only small holes chewed into the paper bags, but I don't see how you could scoup gains without noticing something like that! Yes the windows were up and all the doors were closed, trunk latched.

I wood like to figure out how the mouse is getting in. My 3 is an 18 must so it's possible there's some panel gap it something that it is squeezing though. Does someone know where the rear vent is that allows you to close the door? I believe all cars have them, and it's probably in the trunk somewhere and I would like to inspect mine.

Last edited:
You were planning on brewing beer in your trunk? That's the issue. Normally people cook their brew inside their garage or perhaps outside on the patio. :)

I sometimes have fun when parsing written statements. It comes from years and years of computer programming where you have to be quite specific in the sequencing of your code in order to get the correct result(s).
Part of the reason I would never code from my phone. Half the time I go back and look at my messages and can't believe what my phone thought I was trying to type.

Not possible the larger sacks were untouched and only small holes chewed into the paper bags, but I don't see how you could scoup gains without noticing something like that! Yes the windows were up and all the doors were closed, trunk latched.

I wood like to figure out how the mouse is getting in. My 3 is an 18 must so it's possible there's some panel gap it something that it is squeezing though. Does someone know where the rear vent is that allows you to close the door? I believe all cars have them, and it's probably in the trunk somewhere and I would like to inspect mine.

Haaaaaaaa, did you just blame panel gaps for a mouse getting in your trunk. Now thats a good jab at Tesla. Cracking up.

I like the old-school traps much better than Tomcat brand. I always tune mine though -- bend the little edge that secures the latch a little bit closer to perpindicular to the wood. This gives it a hair trigger. It's a little harder to set but will never miss a mouse.

Reactions: Glamisduner