Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your help needed: "FOR" Votes for 2015 TSLA Prop 3 and 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could some people now get together and demand a Kosher or Halal Model S the same way two people demanded a Vegan Model S?

Oh yes. My group requesting a bacon themed model S interior will be at the next shareholders meeting. We have expanded our scope, and now we insist that all model S be built with a delicious bacon-themed interior.
Considering the model X's projected towing capability, were thinking mandatory smoked barbeque theme for that vehicle.

So the question I really want an answer for is if these two people can again hijack another Shareholder meeting.

Has anything changed in this regard or can anyone get together with the rest of their family to take over a shareholder meeting to discuss their personal projects?

Could some people now get together and demand a Kosher or Halal Model S the same way two people demanded a Vegan Model S?

There was three people directly addressing vegan cars. They consumed an excessive amount of our time. I went to a lot of trouble and expense to attend the meeting and hear about Tesla's progress and plans.

Be assured that Tesla is not alone when it comes to SIGs using stockholder meetings as a vehicle to get their agenda on everyone's elses table. Amazon's stockholder meeting was hit with several protests including the foie gras gang.

Seattle News and Events | Everyone is Protesting Everything at Amazon’s Shareholder Meeting

This thread and the press that resulted from the hijacks is exactly what the protestors want to accomplish.

There was three people directly addressing vegan cars. They consumed an excessive amount of our time. I went to a lot of trouble and expense to attend the meeting and hear about Tesla's progress and plans.

Be assured that Tesla is not alone when it comes to SIGs using stockholder meetings as a vehicle to get their agenda on everyone's elses table. Amazon's stockholder meeting was hit with several protests including the foie gras gang.

Seattle News and Events | Everyone is Protesting Everything at Amazon’s Shareholder Meeting

This thread and the press that resulted from the hijacks is exactly what the protestors want to accomplish.

I didn't appreciate the amount of time taken up, especially since so many very good (IMHO) hints were given in this thread how to make the proposal actually workable.

However, I just don't see how time-wasting at the meeting can be protected against. Shareholders have the right to present proposals, and with a written proposal comes three minutes to speak to it. Full stop.

So, at least it's only 3 minutes and no discussion!!!

Oh yes. My group requesting a bacon themed model S interior will be at the next shareholders meeting. We have expanded our scope, and now we insist that all model S be built with a delicious bacon-themed interior.
Considering the model X's projected towing capability, were thinking mandatory smoked barbeque theme for that vehicle.

I bet it will easily tow our 2x cattle trailer and our smoker trailer.

I'm not sure how becoming a joke furthers their (or anyone else's) agenda :) It's like if a guy runs across the street naked it will generate attention...

My point is if those two can hijack a Tesla meeting so can a whole bunch of other people. You put together a bunch of asinine causes and each cause is represented by 3 family members, there will no longer a shareholders meeting anymore.

I think expecting questions that are relevant to Tesla's business and respectful of the time of the people attending the meeting is reasonable.

The board should be able to group together similar 'causes' into one time slot that is maybe a few min longer. The three people in this case would pick one spokesperson to go over the three issues at once then be done with it.

I think expecting questions that are relevant to Tesla's business and respectful of the time of the people attending the meeting is reasonable.

Sure it's a reasonable expectation. I'm not sure how Tesla can accomplish that, without inadvertently stifling fair commentary. It's a fine line & someone is bound to protest with a cry of 'censorship!'. What one person thinks is fair commentary, others think is not. All very subjective and difficult to draw the line. Limiting to three minutes is a reasonable approach.

Sure it's a reasonable expectation. I'm not sure how Tesla can accomplish that, without inadvertently stifling fair commentary. It's a fine line & someone is bound to protest with a cry of 'censorship!'. What one person thinks is fair commentary, others think is not. All very subjective and difficult to draw the line. Limiting to three minutes is a reasonable approach.

Most people's idea of freedom of speech is that they get to speak. The truth is you have to hear other's speak, too. Freedom runs both ways.

If three groups of people all related wanted Tesla to install range extenders in the cars (one wanted biofuel, one wanted nuclear and the other wanted gasoline) would we want them to all speak separately or simply combine their presentations? There is only so much time in a meeting. Similar ideas should be grouped especially when presented by the same family.

Agree that a few time abuses still better than stifling fair commentary, the current model isn't bad. I wonder if it's possible to have an independent moderator who can rule whether proposed items are "clearly beyond the scope of the shareholders meeting and vote".

Other shareholders like ourselves can also socially discourage (shame) those wasting time though.

If three groups of people all related wanted Tesla to install range extenders in the cars (one wanted biofuel, one wanted nuclear and the other wanted gasoline) would we want them to all speak separately or simply combine their presentations? There is only so much time in a meeting. Similar ideas should be grouped especially when presented by the same family.

Very good point -- however I can see each group wanting to talk about why THEIR method is best, not just saying "hey we need a range extender". Tough choice.

So then what would happen if I orchestrate a campaign to request a Kosher Model S and get a few others to back a Halal Model S? Might as well throw in a proposal for a Mindful Model S too that does not slaughter insects on the road. What if each of those proposals are backed by 3-5 family members each. Pretty soon, 3 minutes X number of asinine personal projects discussed X number of family members you can rope in to request these proposals and pretty soon there will be no shareholders meeting any more :)

There needs to be some type of pre-vetting done to ensure there is at least 5-10% of shareholder support for these proposals that takes 3 minutes each of each person's time there. The situation is made worse when the same topic is represented by 3 people as was the case in this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

17:00 Crazy Hour
18:00 Meeting Starts
20:00 Meeting ends

Love it but I think we might need several hours for the Crazy Hour. Might as well pass along cocktails and appetizers and present that hour as entertainment before the Shareholder Meeting :)

Don't worry, I've got this.
deadhorse.GIF