Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Ideal Model 3 Color Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering rumors on the aesthetics of the Model 3 have ranged from "a smaller Model S," to "unlike any other car on the road," it dawned on me today just how little we might know about not only what the Model 3 body might look like, but more specifically what colors it might come in. Colors! Fun! Yay! Surely everyone has an idea of what color - both inside and out - they dream of getting, but because we know so little, and because the full range of interior and exterior color options may remain a mystery for months (years?) to come, I thought it might be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on their dream configuration given previously or currently available colors.

Starting with interior, it seems plausible to expect (at least) the following options:
  • Black Cloth
  • Black Leather/Next Gen
  • Grey Leather/Next Gen
  • Tan Leather/Next Gen
  • Ultra White Leather/Next Gen
As for exterior, past and present, we may see:
  • Black
  • White
  • Titanium Metallic
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • Obsidian Black Metallic
  • Midnight Blue Metallic
  • Silver Metallic
  • Pearl White Multi-coat
  • Red Multi-coat
  • Green (Discontinued 11/14)
  • Brown (Discontinued 11/14)
Who knows what else we might see in Tesla's first mass market car, but most of these options seem like pretty safe bets to make their way into the Model 3 Design Studio. That being said, which interior/exterior color combo are you planning on?

For me, I really hope they bring back the green exterior. I dream of a configuration of that dark, understated green, with the ultra white, futuristic interior. Not sure if the leather upgrade will be in my budget, but this thread is all about hope, so the dream lives on!

I'd love dark green with a beige or light grey interior leather. Failing green, a dark brown, beige/gold, or dark grey. Can't do a black interior. Too hot in the South.

Almost as I could have said it my self :) But not too dark colors. And living somewhat more to the north I may very well do with a black interior - as long as it is not (fake) leather.

And for the exatct color I want:
82570801996_chrysler_sebring_convertible_jxi_s_oem_2_500.jpg

(and a link to the picture if it does not show up in the thread: http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default...ysler_sebring_convertible_jxi_s_oem_2_500.jpg )

I"m hoping for a Dark Metallic Blue exterior with a Dark Brown Interior Leather. It's my perfect combo. I haven't seen Tesla with Dark Brown. (I'm not a huge fan of the Tan) as far as I know. Hopefully they offer it as an option this time around. I'm trying to avoid going with plain black.

I'd love dark green with a beige or light grey interior leather. Failing green, a dark brown, beige/gold, or dark grey. Can't do a black interior. Too hot in the South.

I used to think the same thing. We ended up getting a lightly used van and I was regretting that it had a black interior. The salesman told me again and again that because the paint was silver the interior wouldn't get as hot. I now am a convert. Black interior with light exterior all day long. The light exterior repels the heat and the dark interior hides stains and looks better longer. Plus you can use a sharpie to touch up nicks in the interior. I know don't laugh but it works. We also got a light tint on the driver and passenger door windows and that helps tremendously. So I probably would love a silver Model 3 with black leather interior.

I really hope they come out with a bright red. I really like solid red cars. Not the deeper red that has metallic. It would be nice if it was included as a base color. I think it would be appropriate if the Model 3 was to compete with performance versions of say the Audi RS5 or a BMW M3.

There are a few different combinations that I would prefer, but my Tesla instagram tesla_bluestar currently says that I will choose Blue exterior with a White interior. If they come out with a bold interior, I may change the exterior to white so I can have a red interior.

Reactions: pmich80
There are a few different combinations that I would prefer, but my Tesla instagram tesla_bluestar currently says that I will choose Blue exterior with a White interior. If they come out with a bold interior, I may change the exterior to white so I can have a red interior.

If they have a red interior, i may join you with that.. but Metallic blue with Red interior is really nice too (forget the white...LOL)