Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Ideal Model 3 Color Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't the tan that comes with Tesla's Correct? this is a lot darker. It's awesome. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Correct. Tesla's current tan is lighter. If I were limited to options Tesla provides in the S currently I'd probably have to go with black. We have had cars in the past with lighter color leather, and they often get stained blue from sitting in them with jeans. Not sure if this is a problem with the Model S.

I see no point in offering a grey interior; grey seats look as if your car is covered in dust lol!

For simplicity of Model 3's manufacturing, ideally they shouldn't bother with the stock white/black options. Pearl White/Obsidian Black should be included in the 35k price, while the rest of the options will need to be charged a little more.

So thus we have:

1. Pearl White
2. Obsidian Black
3. Metallic Red-Multi-coat
4. Midnight Blue Metallic
5. Titanium Metallic
6. Silver Metallic

And 3 interiors:

1. Ultra-White
2. Tan-Brown
3. Black

As volume production has to be higher, the less important variables there is, the better imo.

For me, I would prefer the white/tan interior and probably a Titanium Metallic exterior.

Black on bronze HRE's, like this S:
0smcyfzw5dhx-jpg.149009

Psssshhhttttt, I live in Florida and I'm currently riding in a black car w/black leather and black tints. Don't care, haha. We're a different breed down here.

I used to think the same thing. We ended up getting a lightly used van and I was regretting that it had a black interior. The salesman told me again and again that because the paint was silver the interior wouldn't get as hot. I now am a convert. Black interior with light exterior all day long. The light exterior repels the heat and the dark interior hides stains and looks better longer. Plus you can use a sharpie to touch up nicks in the interior. I know don't laugh but it works. We also got a light tint on the driver and passenger door windows and that helps tremendously. So I probably would love a silver Model 3 with black leather interior.

I start sweating when it's 70 out. I'm different.

Reactions: ummgood
I really wish for a BROWN leather instead of the tan. Most brands have one they sell in limited numbers because dealers are scared of them, but people love them once they get them: Mercedes Cognac, Volvo Beechwood, BMW Saddle, or even more orange like Volvo Atacama, Infiniti Bourbon, BMW Cinnamon.

For paint, the current blue is amazing, but I'd go with the discontinued brown as well. Pearl White or red if I got panoramic roof for contrast, but that will just make cooling it in the summer more difficult.

I really wish for a BROWN leather instead of the tan. Most brands have one they sell in limited numbers because dealers are scared of them, but people love them once they get them: Mercedes Cognac, Volvo Beechwood, BMW Saddle, or even more orange like Volvo Atacama, Infiniti Bourbon, BMW Cinnamon.

For paint, the current blue is amazing, but I'd go with the discontinued brown as well. Pearl White or red if I got panoramic roof for contrast, but that will just make cooling it in the summer more difficult.

Yea thinking of it again, brown leather is actually nice when matched with a cool exterior. For example my dad recently got a Peugeot 3008 with Grey exterior and Brown interior.

I wasn't sure before, but now I know. I want the RED one :). I will even wait an extra quarter for it if red is a delayed color like it was on the S.

Dunno what interior, I prefer light interiors, so it will depend on the options there. I've always wanted a brown leather interior, but that is an uncommon color in mainstream cars.

I was in love with the matte black/gray too until I saw it during the test drives. The problem if you look is all the oils from people's hands making the car have a shiny oily look around the trunk and door handles. That would drive me bananas. I have a coffee mug like that at home and I am constantly wiping it with a napkin to get the prints off of it because it bugs me. I couldn't imagine having a car that had that problem. Otherwise if it was clean with no oil spots I think it looks amazing! Very Gotham city looking.

After seeing the debut I think I'll probably go for the silver. It looks striking!

Reactions: Tina C