Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Ideal Model 3 Color Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For interiors, I like leather in tan, grey, or brown. No black or white (for me) because it either shows dirt or dust too badly, or is too hot in warm climates. I like the wood trims, but that might not be an option for the 3.

Exterior colors - lets get a bit more fun! Add to the existing color palate and have some based on jewel tones - Dark Amethyst purple, London Blue Topaz (teal), Aquamarine or Amazonite (aqua blue/green), Carnelian (medium dark orange), Ruby red, Emerald green, Jade green, etc. Have colors with a clear coat and a bit of depth. Don't add solid primary or florescent colors, they can look gaudy or flat.

I wouldn't buy the matte grey shown in the reveal. In one way it looked cool, but in the other it looked like it was just painted with primer. Plus every single finger print showed on it (in the test drive videos).

Does anyone have the current white artificial leather offered in the MX? Why was white the only artificial color?

are those difficult to keep clean i.e. blue jeans rubbing off on the seats?

If they are the same offered in the Model X, per Musk they are actually more stain resistant:

"it actually performed better than other colors on stain tests. Best not to have vented seats w kids though."

Exterior paint: Metallic coppery-red
Wheels: Gray, showing red calipers
Interior: Either the Ultra White synthetic with black Alcantara headliner, or Black sport cloth with cream headliner.

This is perhaps a bit flashy by my standards, but Model 3 is a special car.

I guess it'll be awhile before Tesla finalizes the paint and upholstery color options.

Reactions: Big Dog
I will be all over matte options, specially nice blue ones, like this one :
tesla-model-s-gets-matte-metallic-blue-wrap-from-jd-customs-photo-gallery_40.png

edit : the picture apperas nicely on the post creation and edit, but not when published....

here is the link : HERE

image.jpg
mini countryman moonwalk grey is one of the coolest grays around and goes perfect with a tinted glass roof or some of the wheel designs at presentation. By the way Congrats Tesla those wheel designs are the best I have ever seen. I think it would look good on the m3 other than that I like the pearl white as 2nd favorite color.
Inserts
Modern wood
image.jpg
grain inserts like beach wood or black wood for the dash as a option would be nice. See pic
Leather it's black - nothing worse than white/beige leather seats and kids.

3M makes a wrap called Matte Blue Metallic. I would love a color like that. I would love to see some other Matte options besides dark grey/black (whatever the prototype was). Mercedes has some nice ones on their high end cars like light grey, blue, and black.

Another awesome color is the white on the 2014 Camaro Z28 that was on Jay Leno's Garage.

• Informative
Reactions: pmich80
I would love a nice chrome green (a bit less dark than the original S color), with black interior. Matte black would be majorly cool, but if it is hard to keep clean, I live on a dirt road...

Thank you kindly.