Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Ideal Model 3 Color Configuration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our current vehicles are Grey/Silver, so this time around I am going for Midnight Blue. Don't want to look so drab anymore.
Yeah not gonna lie that Matte Grey/Black looks fantastic. If it were not so hard to keep clean I would be all about that color. Midnight Blue is still in the running otherwise. I hope they offer blacked out trim pieces, don't want chrome trim.

model-3-unveil-1-e1459483286373.png

• Love
Reactions: ELRev
Tesla Model 3 renderings with a bunch of new paint jobs [Gallery]

Tesla Motors Club member bayol created a dozen renderings from the aforementioned promo shots to help people envision the Model 3 in more colors. CEO Elon Musk mentioned that the black matte was really popular at the Model 3 event and that it would make sense for the color to make it to production, but as for other colors, it’s anyone’s best guess at this point.
Here are bayol’s renderings:

I see that TM has now posted the Model X configurator on their website. I was curious to see if the Model X would have a different color palette than the Model S. It doesn't. Same color selection. I fear that TM might do the same with the Model 3 - same color palette as S. In my opinion, this would be a mistake. I think the Model 3 should be available in some "jelly bean colors"........which would look inappropriate on an S but would really bring out the character of a 3. You can see from some of the clever Photoshop renderings in this thread what some of these colors do to make the Model 3 really fun!

Any other opinions?

I second the notion that I hope they don't only offer only the Model S color choices for the Model 3. From day 1, I noticed how BORING those color choices were. If I wanted an inconspicuous electric car, I would have gotten the Chevy Volt or Bolt.

Based on the existing Model S colors, my wife and I are leaning toward blue. However, another side of me doesn't want to scream, "Hey, look at me I'm a Tesla!", so maybe a less conspicuous color. Definitely not standard black or white though. We'll have to wait and see which other colors will be offered.

I don't want to pay extra for metallic paint, so the base version of paint should have a rainbow of colors. I'd like the 1971 B3 Blue that Dodge used on their cars, sometimes called "Petty Blue" . Richard Petty painted his stock cars with it in the early 70's. It's a nice bright sky blue color. Ford is copying it by using a nearly identical sky blue color on Mustangs, I see them regularly.

I would like a non-black interior, but I do not care about leather or extra cost anything. So base cloth seats should be available in tan or grey, not just black.

Ford's Grabber Blue has been around since 1970.

As for the Model 3, from the current color palatte, I would probably go Solid Black, Solid White or Midnight Silver Metallic. I'm not usually one that prefers bright colors but I guess my head could be turned depending on what other, if any, color options they offer.