Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Invitation: Immediate Model 3 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if repost. Just got this email. Reluctant to believe since I am located in Texas....

Hi XXX,
We have a limited number of Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive vehicles on display that are available for immediate delivery.
As a first day reservation holder, you’re invited to take advantage of this opportunity on a first-come, first-served basis.
We will be extending this invitation to additional Model 3 reservation holders ‪on Monday, September 10.

ORDER NOW

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 8.05.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 8.05.40 AM.png
    631.5 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: cdub
I don't think orders are slowing down but as the production rates go up, it becomes more difficult to match production to forecast based on incoming orders, whether they are from reservation holders or new customers. People change their mind all the time with their design. I also believe that their forecast for LR vs AWD, vs AWD Performance was incorrect and so they are not able to build enough AWD and AWD Performance and ended up building more LR version. So people ordering the LR version now can almost get their car immediately in the US.

Would you purchase one in Q1-Q2 if it was only available with $5K PUP? It doesn't seem likely that $35,000 SR will be on offer until middle to end of next year depending on how many takers they can get who will buy one for $40K with PUP and still get some tax incentive.
I don't want PUP. Less drama with a metal roof...no heated steering wheel/AA/CP...and I'd rather do cloth than vinyl. No incentive by the time 35k comes along...that might finally get me to get my deposit back.

Last edited:
If this is anything like the CA event be aware you'll pay significantly more then you thought for "your" configuration-since these are "new" cars being sold with all the increased prices/fees since most people configured.... read up on the thread from the CA event it was a bit of a cluster $/organization-wise.