Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Maintenance experiences / Cost to own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 M3P approx 38K
Window Tint (completely optional so not priced)

2 Tire Repairs ($0)
2 OEM Rear Tires (approx $900 inc fitting, balancing, insurance etc.)
1 keycard ($20)

12v Battery under warrantee
A couple of post-delivery fixes.
FSD Computer Upgrade

Essentially maintenance free, apart from consumables (tires)

Reactions: RefreshedP
70,000 miles on my 2019 SR (yes I drive a lot it’s why I got it 😁)

$1100 tires @40k miles (Costco)(gonna need new ones soon) so add another $1100
$20 washer fluid
$110 12v battery (do it yourself for $80 takes 5 min)

Total: $2330 over 3 years ($736/yr) given how much I drive.

Under warranty free repair:
Alignment
Broken center console

2019 M3P approx 38K
Window Tint (completely optional so not priced)

2 Tire Repairs ($0)
2 OEM Rear Tires (approx $900 inc fitting, balancing, insurance etc.)
1 keycard ($20)

12v Battery under warrantee
A couple of post-delivery fixes.
FSD Computer Upgrade

Essentially maintenance free, apart from consumables (tires)
Scuuze me sir, how did you get tires for $900 ?

2019 M3P 20” wheels ended up bending under normal use. Replaced with non Tesla 19” wheels so that was a few k. Otherwise no real maintenance expenses... expect to need to buy a 12v battery and washer fluid soon.

I would note that any body repair costs are extraordinary. If someone dents your car it will be a surprising amount to fix. 2 dents might total the car.

Got my 3 in July 2018. Maintenance expenses have been two gallons of washer fluid, cabin air filters ($65 - Mobile Service at my home) at end of first year, cabin air filters ($65 - Mobile Service at my home) last week.

Other non-maintenance items can be expensive or not, depending on individual circumstances. Insurance seems to be the biggest expense other than purchase cost. Registration is artificially high in some states with EV flat fees, e.g., North Carolina charges $130/year for each EV with your registration. Car washes add up, electricity used varies by miles driven but will be much less expensive than an equivalent amount of petrol to go the same distance.

Then there are the Tesla-provided goodies: complimentary first tire rotation at 6500 miles, upgrade to HW3 as a purchaser of FSD, a couple of service bulletins about the frunk latch adjustment, the charging cover magnet, and two charging pins.

Basically the lesson is to get the 18 inch wheels and figure out how to swap the cabin filter & change your windshield wipers in order to minimize maintenance costs.

But I really like the look of the 19s. Oh well.

Basically the lesson is to get the 18 inch wheels and figure out how to swap the cabin filter & change your windshield wipers in order to minimize maintenance costs.

But I really like the look of the 19s. Oh well.
FWIW the stock tires on the 19's significantly outlast the 18's, so that's not really accurate.

The 18" MXM4 last ~25k miles while the 19" Conti's last ~40k miles.