Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Maintenance experiences / Cost to own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to find a generic thread but nothing similar or houses diverse enough responses, so here goes...

Coming from my last poll (what is high mileage), I am curious...

For M3 owners what has your out of pocket cost been (not including charging) to own your M3 and how many miles are you at currently?

Hopefully this can give the used market buyers some insight on operstional costs.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires after 8000 miles, about $750, mounted and balanced. Wheel alignment, too much toe out straight from factory, which led to early tire wear. $100. One bottle of washer fluid. Replacement set of Bosch wipers, $40. Replacement air filters, $20.

2 and ⅓ yrs old, and 16,000 miles. No service trips or calls. Tires and alignment done locally.

Reactions: Pyre
Here's mine... Car was bought Oct 2018 and now has 39k miles on it.

1619612608147.png

18.5k miles so far.

Maintenance: $300 for 3 year alignment service (i typically get an alignment every year). $50 air filter replacement (parts only, i did labor by myself). New PS4s tires worn about after 17k miles (i average 350 wh/mi so you know how i drive)

Warranty issues: first 500 miles...i had an FM module go out which was replaced. One of my weather stripping was bad from factory so had that replaced

Its the cheapest cost to own car i've ever owned....

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Almost 1 yr of ownership(31000km) 2021 m3p.
Insurance- 1700
Electricity- 600
14-50 install-500
Wheels and tires(4 aftermarket sets)-10000
4 sets of tpms-1600
Misc amazon accessories-500
PPF rockers-250
Ceramic tint-600
Maintenance - 0 warranty but have had 6 visits for warranty items.

After 6+ years of Tesla(s), >90000 miles...
-never stranded or broke down (?yet) but certainly steering wheel reboot every several months or so (no cost)
-no warranty issues
-did routine annual check-up by Tesla..$100-$150 ea, ...doubt whether that was even worth it but so be it under warranty
-windshield replacement for rock damage ($1000)
-some aftermarket upgrade parts (non-essential)
-no brake pad or rotor replacement...use highest regenerative braking
-Since we are having historic gas prices, full fill-ups cost around $8-12 for 75kW at the convenience of my home garage with relatively "expensive" PGE charge rates compared to other parts of country...but most recently, cost is "free" w- solar :cool:

Prior 15-20yrs, Porsche 911TTS, Merc C63, Merc E500, BMW M3, Merc GLS550, Merc GL450 (multiple concurrent)
-stranded 3 times due to acute engine failure,
-several other non-routine service repairs ...always fun to spend time extra time at the "stealer" service center
-countless brake pad and rotor replacement...most recent $2,xxx
-windshield replacement for rock damage ($1,xxx)
-several $x,xxx for standard maintenance services every 20k miles or so
-several $xxx oil changes, not to mention gas expense ($400-500/mo) which also included occasional race gas at $8-10/g awhile ago (?? going rate these days)
-aftermarket parts similar for suspension upgrades (non-essential)...albeit much higher premium to gain some mild HP difference for ICE over stock vers(CPU reprograms, cat-back exhaust, etc) that I have not "had to do" for Tesla...instantaneous torque and responsiveness so much better and effortless compared to the ICEs
-had the "pleasure" of having to go to gas stations for fill-ups and met some shady characters at times

Otherwise...tires are tires, and wipers / fluid, car wash / detailing, all same for ICE vs EV ...cost and replacement issues all depending performance desired and aggressiveness. Tend to replace tires every 10-15k miles...$1700 all around

• Informative
Reactions: WhiteWi
Almost 1 yr of ownership(31000km) 2021 m3p.
Insurance- 1700
Electricity- 600
14-50 install-500
Wheels and tires(4 aftermarket sets)-10000
4 sets of tpms-1600
Misc amazon accessories-500
PPF rockers-250
Ceramic tint-600
Maintenance - 0 warranty but have had 6 visits for warranty items.

$10,000 in wheels/tires! Winter set, summer set, track set….what else?

Reactions: WhiteWi
My daily driver is a 2018 LR RWD. Got a total of 54k miles on it now. Replaced a set of tires once. Replaced two windshields (covered by insurance).

Early VIN issues that were fixed under warranty - right front window regulator, high tone horn, left side repeater, and front upper control arms.

DateMileageWhere PerformedService performed
2/2010012Michel Tires Plustire rotation
10/2023250Tesla Mobile Servicetire rotation
2/2128034Tesla Blue Ashreplace back left tire w/ Cont original
6/2135032selfchanged cabin air filter to XTechnor Hepa
8/2139554Tire Discounters4 new tires, alignment, balancing
Here's my list. 2019 Model 3 AWD. Took delivery 9/19. Currently have around 45,000. I didn't include it in here, but also replaced the windshield wipers twice. I also had to have the windshield replaced at Tesla after a rock strike but that was paid for 100% by insurance.