Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your Model 3 is coming with Full Self-Driving."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After hearing the Tesla Autonomy Investor Day video yesterday, I understand that the new Model 3's shipping from April on will have the Full Self Driving new computer installed.
I ordered a Model 3 a week ago, got a real estimate from someone on the inside that it would be June before it may be ready, so I spoke to the local store and switched the exterior color to Black and was matched with a vehicle/vin the same day.
Besides seeing it was built in 2019, I am not sure if it will have the new computer inside.
I ordered it with Autopilot (free) and FSD (+5k).

Has anyone heard the cost of what it would take to retrofit it in the car if the car does not have it now to get the new computer in?
Would the $5k I already spent cover this?

After hearing the Tesla Autonomy Investor Day video yesterday, I understand that the new Model 3's shipping from April on will have the Full Self Driving new computer installed.
I ordered a Model 3 a week ago, got a real estimate from someone on the inside that it would be June before it may be ready, so I spoke to the local store and switched the exterior color to Black and was matched with a vehicle/vin the same day.
Besides seeing it was built in 2019, I am not sure if it will have the new computer inside.

Has anyone heard the cost of what it would take to retrofit it in the car if the car does not have it now to get the new computer in?
if you order FSD and your car has the older 2.5 hardware then you will be upgraded to the new autopilot hardware for free, when is the question as there are estimates that there could be well over 100,000 to do and it may take a while to get all the new hardware installed

This is how your car will look with HW3.

Tesla-self-driving-without-a-steering-wheel-e1555971237517.jpg

LOL

How does it handle left turns from stop sign when crossing traffic doesn't stop? I'm doubting its ability to have enough side vision to detect a car coming at 40-50 mph.

If you slow the video down and look carefully at the motion of the car, it pulls forward and slightly to the right to angle the B-pillar cameras toward oncoming traffic before making a left turn.

It has been covered many times. Anyone that pre-purchased FSD will get hw3 included in the price. Something a mobile service vidiv can do.

Right on the page you buy FSD from.

And about 20 different times on Elons twitter.

And on several Tesla investor calls.

And in hundreds of news articles discussing this.

Thank you both. Still don't have a link to see this from anyone, but I will trust you seeing it many times.