Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model 3 Maximum Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So done 1.7k mileage in M3 Rwd since collecting beginning of March, when charged I get 273 miles maximum, my commute is 70 miles round trip, I use 95 miles in general of charge. I’m happy with that given I live up north and the roads are mostly A and B roads with lots of hills. If anyone knows, I drive with via Shap or over Kirkston Pass each day.

on the way to work from Penrith I get bang on 35 miles presume due to using the regenerative braking the way back 60 miles or or I put my foot down to get home quicker 😂

356 miles at 100% - Late Dec 21 M3LR with newer, higher capacity LG battery
So done 1.7k mileage in M3 Rwd since collecting beginning of March, when charged I get 273 miles maximum, my commute is 70 miles round trip, I use 95 miles in general of charge. I’m happy with that given I live up north and the roads are mostly A and B roads with lots of hills. If anyone knows, I drive with via Shap or over Kirkston Pass each day.

on the way to work from Penrith I get bang on 35 miles presume due to using the regenerative braking the way back 60 miles or or I put my foot down to get home quicker 😂
273 for my 3 week old car as well.

Exactly as I was expecting! 👍

Reactions: VTECMattes
Same;

Sept 2020 M3 LR (19'' wheels) 7k miles 298 miles @ 100%
March 2021 M3 SR+ 6k miles 262 @ 100% - not a huge difference to LR that was bought a year ago. So is still worth pursuing LR? I know there is a thread comparing the value of these two in few years time when they slide down on their range. Looks like with the new SR we may quickly reach this time line.

Reactions: Llama.
In reality maximum range doesn't have that much to do with what you will ever see displayed when you look at the screen readout at 100% battery. It depends much more on road types, route, gradients, temperature, precipitation, driving style, average speed etc etc. The significance of that single measure starts to reduce when you note that the loss of the odd few miles from new is going to make, say, a 5% difference yet those other factors can make a 50% difference to your range!

Reactions: Louis0w and HenryT
For max range personally I think the only figure that matters is how far you can go, from 100% to 10%, on a clear motorway at 70MPH (or 130KPH on the continent). And then the distance from 70%, or perhaps 80%, back down to 10% after a Rapid Charge

And another figure for if it is wet.

And yet another for Winter compensation.

ABetterRoutePlanner seems to be able to very accurately predict what that will be, when I need to go on an out-of-range journey.

For the rest of the time I am fortunate to have off-road parking and home charging, so I plug in and charge overnight and there isn't a day when I have some local tootling about where I might be in danger of running out of juice.

If the issue is battery degradation, over several years ownership, then TeslaFi has a useful graph of that ... provided you start using it to log data from early in ownership ... and keep on paying the annual fees ...

If the issue is battery degradation, over several years ownership, then TeslaFi has a useful graph of that

Yes, and after a few years of use users may be able to link the rate of degradation with usage patterns ... which will be interesting ... but by then it will be too late anyway! If people are not following "good practice" already the Teslafi analysis tools will just give some indication that they might have done things differently. All we really need to do is avoid the things that are known to cause stress to the battery in our day to day usage ... and that's free!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Tesla Mothership has the data to inform abusers and/or the ill-informed ...

Dear Mr Adopado,

You've been a very, very, naughty boy ...

OOOh if only they would say it like that ... gives me a delicious shiver ...

Anyway, it would be interesting if they issue a "report card" from time to time. The only thing I recall was the first time I did a 100% charge I got the warning ...

Reactions: WannabeOwner
357 this morning on 100%. See footer for spec.
Did a 145 mile trip up M6 from Worcestershire to visit parents on the Wirral. Steady journey up as was busy plus endless roadworks and arrived with 195 remaining (55%).
Let’s see if I risk all the way home tomorrow 😱.
Unlikely as I have sentry on tonight👮‍♂️

Using max range to compare battery capacity is wrong, battery capacity should be used to compare battery capacity.

The standard M3 model has a battery less than 80% of the LR. So if the LR did degrade to below a *brand new* standard model, it would qualify under warranty for a replacement battery. This is true regardless of battery chemistry.

Outside of battery warranty, no idea yet as no data yet, so it is just a wild guess. I think there will a few surprises to come here.

Everyone chose the battery size they wanted, it's not a case of justifying ones purchasing decision.

Comparing the range can look like a form of range anxiety at times.

Reactions: Llama.