Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model 3 Maximum Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Llama.

Lurking somewhere up North
Jan 25, 2021
Who knows?
I’m curious to know what the maximum displayed range that has ever been shown on your model 3 and how has this changed over time?

I’ll go first:

I have a made in China. 2021 LR Model 3. It uses the LG Chem NMC 77 kWh E5D battery.

The car has been driven 4000 miles and has done most of it’s charging from my 7 kWh Zappi home charger.

When new, the car showed a maximum range of 330 miles. Now 7 months later it’s showing a range of 341 miles in the Tesla App. That’s an increase of 3%.

This 341 miles of range is the most it’s ever shown. It’s 19 miles less than the claimed 360 miles, but I’m certainly not complaining.

What Tesla do you drive and what’s the Maximum miles of range ever shown?

I’m particularly keen to hear from drivers of the LR model.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: yfwt and Big Earl
2018 Model 3 dual motor. 303 miles displayed at 100% when new (advertised at 310). 280 miles displayed now with almost 130,000 miles and a lot of Supercharging. No complaints.

5945AD9F-3C4E-4F9C-BE15-EE2D532DF06C.jpeg

image/data from Stats for Tesla app… first 60k worth of data was lost :(

Our BMS (CAC - calculated amp-hour capacity) was recently reset back equivalent of 310 miles. Its currently trying to find the new normal and the amount of fluctuation just goes to show how much room for error there are in these values. Still early days and really needs some long drives to get an idea of real range.

View attachment 712642
How old is your M3? Why did your BMS need to be reset?

2019 LR 18K miles
This morning it was 292 but now its 290 so I have lost 2 miles in four hours!! at this rate I will need a new battery by the end of the week!!! 😂
I rarely stray outside of the the 35-75 range these days WFH. I wonder if I should give it a good discharge then charge to 100% to see what that does to the BMS?

Would you mind describing how you do that? Just wondering if I should give that a go to see what happens.
Yup, the BMS needs a good chance to measure the battery across varying states of charge, so that it can measure the battery voltages.

I went from charging every night to purposely running down to < 20% over a few days, and then charging back up in steps each night.

I'm on Octopus Go, and I use about 20 % a day if I'm in the office.

Normal:
80% Start of the day
70% Arrive at work, car sleeps for 8-9 hours
60% Arrive home, car sleeps for 5-6 hours
+40% Octopus Go 00:30 to 04:30

BMS cycle:
100% Start
90% Arrive at work, car sleeps for 8-9 hours
80% Arrive home, car sleeps for 12 hours
70% Arrive at work, car sleeps for 8-9 hours
60% Arrive home, car sleeps for 12 hours
50% Arrive at work, car sleeps for 8-9 hours
40% Arrive home, car sleeps for 12 hours
30% Arrive at work, car sleeps for 8-9 hours
20% Arrive home, car sleeps for 5-6 hours
+40% Octopus Go 00:30 to 04:30
etc.

In practice, it's got down to 15%-16% by the end of the cycle.