Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S in a new Jordan Bloch video? ("Gallons of Light" Tesla video director)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jordan Bloch, the director of the widely praised "Gallons of Light" Tesla video, will be shooting a new video about the Electric Car Guest Drive meet-ups happening throughout California this month.
If you're interested in getting your car - and maybe yourself - memorialized in a video that is sure to get a lot of attention, RSVP for the event and shoot me an email letting me know that you'd like to participate.

Electric Car Guest Drive - San Diego to San Francisco - May 3 to June 1 2014 My email address is on the contact page of web site.Your car will speak for itself. If you'd like to be in the video, have a particularly compelling answer to the question "why do you drive electric?" The answers will be delivered by EV drivers, not actors, not operating from a script. The answer should be short and to the point.
Interested in hearing your thoughts.
Chris Alan
Grey MS 85
SoCal & Seattle

We had a great weekend in Thousand Oaks and Santa Monica, thanks to everyone for showing up with your EVs and saying "why you drive electric" for the camera. Special thanks to Gene Rubin, Peter Orgel and of course Jordan Bloch who showed up with shiny new Model S'. Also really appreciate all of the Volt, Toyota RAV 4 EV, Leaf, Fiat 500e, Focus Electric, C-Max Energi and BMW Active E owners who showed up and showed off their cars this weekend.

The East Bay event on Sunday will be in Emeryville from 12-6. We don't publish the exact location to conform with park regs about private events, and to ensure that everyone who shows up expecting to drive my Model S and the other cars get some time behind the wheel. We do send the address and a map with the RSVP. There's no charge to attend the event. We ask people who want to drive other club members' cars to become club members, it's just $20, which also includes a one year subscription to Electric Car Insider Magazine (full color glossy, which is normally $20 on its own, current issue features Tesla Model S on cover).

Jordan's video is online at:

Electric Car Guest Drive - YouTube

Thanks to everyone who participated, and especially to Jordan for making the video!

If you're interested in participating in an Electric Car Guest Drive in your city, fill out the registration form on the web site - we'll be picking the next round of cities from the requests on the site.

I'll be posting the list of folks who get day-long guest drives of my Model S next week.

(If you bring your Tesla or other EV to an Electric Car Guest Drive event, you do not have to let anyone drive it. That's strictly up to the owner on a case-by-case, individual basis. I do let everyone drive my cars.)