Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model S Sequence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice another Norwegian Model S customer. And I see they do have sold a few Model S in Europe as well even without a price announced. I ordered about a year ago and got P121.

I would have ordered already if:

A) The AWD model could be ordered now
B) The availability of a hitch was confirmed

I'll probably have to wait another year before ordering. Hopefully they'll sort the hitch issue out, without one european orders will surely suffer.

I would have ordered already if:

A) The AWD model could be ordered now
B) The availability of a hitch was confirmed

I'll probably have to wait another year before ordering. Hopefully they'll sort the hitch issue out, without one european orders will surely suffer.
I've spoken with my contact in Tesla UK which also seems to be the Model S European expert and he says there will be NO hitch on the sedan based Model S. After what he said that's one of the few things they have been willing to be very clear on, no hitch.
I personally thing that is a really really stupid idea for the European market, but I've seen evidence and it appears Tesla US doesn't understand that the European market is very different than the US market. A lot more different than the differences in the US market. It seems you will have to wait for the SUV bodyshell wich surely will have AWD and a hitch.
As an example of the differences between US and at least Norwegian price structure, compare a base level BMW 5 series in Norway and in the US. That is the benchmark Tesla is using for the Model S, and they will be surprised with how affordable a BMW 5 is in Norway, relatively speaking anyway :)

Cobos

I'm not actually sure if that is such a good idea for Tesla at this point. I'm guessing they wont have any trouble selling the first 10 000 cars the first year. I further assume they would want those cars spread all over the globe to spread the word so one place and and one customer then "blocking" those sales might not be that good. Especially since one big customer takes focus and might demand rebates that means Tesla don't make that much money on those cars... So it all depends on how much PR Tesla gets out of this I suppose.

Cobos

If Tesla had planned 10,000 cars the first year and this kind of order comes in they would just expand that year to 11,000. They have plenty of lead time. And hopefully they will spread out the Icelandic orders 50 at a time as to not anger others who are waiting.

Are the reservations speeding up? I ordered on June 21, 2010 and got P2067. That is 269 cars on the P list in just about 2 month.

Got mine yesterday for General Production 2451. So it's a bit over a hundred a month, for the US that is. Rep told me production is on schedule to be started early 2012 and I can expect to get mine in fall 2012. Hard to believe. I was expecting more like 2013. Hope Toyota won't mess this up.

Received my Model S reservation number yesterday, (P) 2725, the deposit was my B-day present from my wife, glad we have a couple of years to save up, the letter also indicated we will be able to test drive a pre-production vehicle prior to submitting the build order.

Congrats Martin!...a suggestion as an EV primer...in the spring when the weather's better, visit your local TM store and parley your Model S reservation into a test drive in a Roadster...it's a thrill you'll never forget! :biggrin::wink:

Received my Model S reservation number yesterday, (P) 2725, the deposit was my B-day present from my wife, glad we have a couple of years to save up, the letter also indicated we will be able to test drive a pre-production vehicle prior to submitting the build order.