Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Model X is almost here email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email stating that my Model X is almost here and "Your Model X is built and will be delivered to you this month."

Another interesting snippet:

"Thank you for your patience as we've taken a little extra time to ensure your Model*X meets the highest standards of quality. For the last couple of months, we held back our production rate to check and recheck every part of Model*X from each of the ground-breaking features to road performance.*"

Ok - here's where it gets interesting. The text-only version of the email says something different that the HTML version of the email:

------=_Part_-324318591_804573194.1457726433351
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Your Model X will be built at the end of this month and is on track for Apr=
il/May=C2=A0delivery.

vs

We have good news for you. Your Model X is built and will be delivered to you this month.

This is GREAT. No matter which version of the email one gets, It means Tesla is reaching out to customers to keep them updated. I received an email, confirming what my DS already let me know. The only additional info was "your Model will be built by the end of this month and on track for April-May delivery". The confirmation is very encouraging and definitely appreciated.

I also got the letter. I've ordered a 90D 7-seats, and all other options except "P". My DS told me yesterday that it would enter production in a couple days, while the letter says it's been built. Either way we will be THRILLED to see the car by the 31st!
Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 12.25.49 PM.png

I got the same email today. A little surprised; I ordered in August and was 2x,xxx. I didn't expect to see the car before the summer.

One oddity, however-- the email said car would be produced at the end of this month, for April-May delivery, but when I went to the Tesla site, it said May-June... A little confusing.

I too got the email. I ordered in January, got a VIN on March 2nd, and sent an email two days ago saying I couldn't take delivery until June. In the last two days I rearranged some finances and a few minutes ago called my DS to explain my revised acceptance schedule. He explained that the car is going into production next week and we were still on for the end of the month. We shall see how this all plays out.

I too got the email. I ordered in January, got a VIN on March 2nd, and sent an email two days ago saying I couldn't take delivery until June. In the last two days I rearranged some finances and a few minutes ago called my DS to explain my revised acceptance schedule. He explained that the car is going into production next week and we were still on for the end of the month. We shall see how this all plays out.

I am 16xx I talked to my DS and they said my X is built and will be delivered in the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: Rdainer
I also got the email. Opening paragraph is a a simple statement. It reads..
"We have good news for you. Your Model X is built and will be delivered to you this month."
The next paragraph is the marketing material that everybody got.

I had already called my DS this am to see how things were progressing and if this end of the month date was something I needed to take seriously. He said that it was scheduled to enter the production line in the next 10 days and would take up to 2 weeks (including quality check) before it was ready to get delivered, assuming all went well. The email was sent out later on.

So I think they used an email merge program and parsed out different opening line for different group of people.

Maybe it is really happening and I will get my car in 3 weeks, but who knows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X : Order Confirmed 12/26/15 |VIN Assigned 2/29/2016. -- 0018XX | 90D | 6 seater | Blue | 20" | Premium upgrade | Autopilot | Sound | Subzero. Factory pick up.

S: 85KW | Picked up Feb-2013| Grey | tech package| Pan

My email is a little different since delivery is expected any day now according to my DS. It's great to see they have finally put a system in place to update their customers. I just think the programmer should have checked the date range to avoid dates that have already passed so I won't have to time travel. :biggrin:

Estimated Delivery Email.JPG

Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of my reservation so I'm more than eXcited it's almost here now!