Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your one primary reason for buying

Your main motivator for purchasing the S

• Expected cost savings in gas and engine maintenance

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Reduce demand on (foreign) oil/geo political

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Convenience of charging at home rather than filling up at a gas station

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Environmental benefits

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Performance and acceleration

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Quietness/ride experience

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Seating for 7 people/cargo capacity

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Crash safety rating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smart glass cockpit/the very latest technology

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Great body design aesthetic

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I'm not buying an S, if I did, my reason would be the same as my reason for buying the Roadster: I hate gas, and I was frustrated by the Xebra's lack of power.

I hate everything about gas: The smell, the noise and vibration of gas engines, the balance of trade, the "terrorism tax," the environmental impact, the complexity of gas engines, the filth of motor oil and the greasy film that accumulates and gathers dirt...

I've bought my EVs to get away from all that.

My reasons for not buying a Model S: It's too big a car for me and I don't need another car. Otherwise I'd have been on the waiting list a long time ago.

I have the exact same feelings about everything gas-related as Daniel. This is already worth much for me. Model S is the most expensive car I will ever buy. It is by far over my 'financial standard and limits'. I have to put down several years of work salary for this purchase. And I would NEVER spent a penny on the same luxury stuff in a gasoline powered car.
And as much as I want to safe the planet (climate) - I actually think that horse is out the barn (I hope I correctly looked this expression up on dict.cc).
But the real reason why I chose Model S is best described as my 'dislike of transportation in general'. If I could beam to different far-away places I would never ever go by car.
Model S is the closest to pervasive car transportation it can get. I just want an on-off button and not hear it. A screen, an outlet, intuitive.

My primary reason for Buying a Model S is because I finally see a viable electric vehicle that can replace my ICE car.

I'm tired of sending my money overseas to a country that has killed people I knew. I don't want to do that anymore. Bit by bit, I'm reducing my dependence on foreign oil, and Tesla will help me do that better than any other electric vehicle option available today.

-- Ardie

I guess I would have to agree with many here - to change the paradyme and step outside the box regarding a car. I am and always will be a Car Guy. My wife says...sometimes I am to a fault. I'm excited about our future S. We also have a deposit down on an X - but will have to wait and see about the "Falcon Wings". Although this will be the most expensive car I have ever purchased, I plan on it helping pay for itself over time, and I plan on having it for at least 10 years. That way it should be no more expensive, and hopefully less so than an ICE vehicle. I will be going from a BMW 1 M Coupe to the S, so I know the experience will be somewhat different, but I am looking forward to having something a little bigger but still have the performance.

I hate everything about gas: The smell, the noise and vibration of gas engines, the balance of trade, the "terrorism tax," the environmental impact, the complexity of gas engines, the filth of motor oil and the greasy film that accumulates and gathers dirt...
Good points.

One would think reduced demand on foreign oil is something a broad spectrum of political views would be in total agreement. However, as we have seen from comments and various news programs, there is always a negative segment against EVs. Many of these conveniently leave out the economic impact of unstable fuel prices as well as the damage to the planet's atmosphere and it's inhabits from burning fossil fuels.

. I like quietness, but I can get that from a Lexus LS for slightly less $$$ so that was a minor factor.

I came to the factory drive in a 2004 LS430 ...

when I left it felt like a KIA VERSA or worse!!!

Poll answers.. you can't pick one, or 2 or 3... it is all of them and some more
I'm already thinking about a 160Kw for local/wife or maybe an X for the dogs

Last edited:
Ride experience, latest technology, expected cost savings and nice look speak to me the most.

But I think your list miss an item. It's a good list for any other car. But not a Tesla. It misses the Tesla grin, the wow factor. Because a Tesla cannot stick to 10 items. Remember, it goes to eleven. Therefore I vote for...

11. The Tesla grin !

:tongue:

Ride experience, latest technology, expected cost savings and nice look speak to me the most.

But I think your list miss an item. It's a good list for any other car. But not a Tesla. It misses the Tesla grin, the wow factor. Because a Tesla cannot stick to 10 items. Remember, it goes to eleven. Therefore I vote for...

11. The Tesla grin !

:tongue:

Ha. I like it.

Also, and as one member has already suggested, if only I could have only added, "Made in America."
When was the last time you saw that on anything?!