Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Prediction for Restoration of USS Features

When do you think the park assist and other features will be restored?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did Tesla know to call you? If you chose to delay delivery, would you be allowed keep your order fee and the pricing on your order date? I might take this deal if offered.
I can only guess. There was nothing mentioned about the fee or the price fix. Perhaps because I choose the option "I will take it". Given what happened to the price on delivery (they reduced it to match the new price), I won't count on the price remaining fixed. Until you take delivery, it's not your car, and they didn't sell it.
I know it's weird since they have a deposit. It is supposed to hold the deal terms in place. So it might be a price fix. I really don't know

Not to argue, but that fee is removed from the final price when the deal is settled.
Not in the USA, it is added on top as a separate line if you look in your order document. It used to be that it was a deposit (which there is no separate order fee line in the costs), but they changed that a long time ago.

Here's an example from 2020, you can see a separate line item cost for "Order Fee":
RN113465181-MVPA-1.jpg

I think it's sort of funny that I spent ten minutes trying to find the parking sensor functionality on the screen of my new 2023 Model 3, only to discover the hardware was removed. Really gives you that 1992 Nissan feel with no floor mats too. I'm sure this stuff was listed somewhere on the website during the order process, but I was never able to find any feature list. I'm old enough to know the future Tesla Vision capability is BS and will never happen.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I think it's sort of funny that I spent ten minutes trying to find the parking sensor functionality on the screen of my new 2023 Model 3, only to discover the hardware was removed. Really gives you that 1992 Nissan feel with no floor mats too. I'm sure this stuff was listed somewhere on the website during the order process, but I was never able to find any feature list. I'm old enough to know the future Tesla Vision capability is BS and will never happen.
lol. forgot that floor mats got deleted as well in addition to USS/ radar / charging brick / adjustable lumbar support in pax seat / one speaker less ....

From all the possible scenarios, did any of you thought that it would be available only for few owners that are on North America and have FSD package?

Now we have to guess when it will be available for non North America and without FSD package. I have a lot to learn about tesla timelines.

Last edited:
"Although Tesla's vision-based approach is expected to not be as accurate as having ultrasonic sensors, at least initially, it does offer one improvement for the hardware-based solution."

lol lol lol .... called it. they will just release "something" and don't really care that you won't hit feature parity to USS accuracy with *current* camera sensors

"Although Tesla's vision-based approach is expected to not be as accurate as having ultrasonic sensors, at least initially, it does offer one improvement for the hardware-based solution."

lol lol lol .... called it. they will just release "something" and don't really care that you won't hit feature parity to USS accuracy with *current* camera sensors

But is this a statement from tesla or the journalist opinion? I haven't seen any test yet, so far have only been discovered on the code. He is maybe talking about the blind spot fact, not accuracy on inches.

So, 6.3% of us got it right. Wisdom of the crowd?

I'm looking forward to a YouTube video that compares the USS and vision systems.
Are we counting it as correct even when only park assist is released in some way (assuming this is eventually released to everyone not just FSD Beta users)? Or does all four features mentioned in OP need to be re-enabled before that timing is counted?

Reactions: XPsionic