Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your prediction: is my car totaled?

Is my car totaled?

• Definitely

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Maybe not

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not be surprised if your car is declared a loss given the amount of damage to the suspension and front-end. Replacement parts are very expensive and not easy to get; however, I'm wondering I'm thinking the following might make the repair a lot less expensive:

1) whether or not the HV battery is damaged.
2) the lack of a front motor/generator might lower the cost of damage.

Here's the kicker:

3) if you can get a hold of an intact front-end clip from a P85/S85 that was rear-ended. Swapping parts or replacing the whole front-end might be a lot cheaper...not sure if it can be done though; I know these aren't like old Hondas where you can build a chimera from donor cars on the cheap. Maybe a Tesla rebuilder can chime in; I think there's only a few out there.

I have recently restored 2015 90D that i purchased at Copart auction and it was a total loss. The damage is really comparable to mine, definitely lots of parts will need to be replaced, but it can go either way with adjuster as some don't really like dealing with Tesla repairs and just write the car off. In the ICE wold this car would have been repaired for sure

If even slight unibody damage, it's totalled because they can't replace or bend back. It would be major surgery involving cutting the unibody back and welding new pieces on. At least that's what I was told when my 2017 S was totalled for more minor damage than you've got due to the wheel pushing into and slightly bending the unibody. See mine below.
20191025_122320.jpg

You don't say/show if airbags deployed (and it doesn't REALLY matter, since the headlamp that is toast on yours costs more than the airbags), but that would be another driver towards totalled.
Ah good question -- air bags did not deploy, but I think both headlights will need to be replaced -- although I didnt really get a good look at the other one, because the wheel hanging off the passenger side was much more interesting.