Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your preferred Tesla forums

What forums do you actively look/post?

• forums.tesla.com

• teslamotorclubs.com

• reddit.com/r/teslamotors

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a new Tesla owner, I am actively learning to use my car on three major forums: forums.tesla.com; teslamotorsclub.com; and reddit.com/r/teslamotors.

Interested to see how other users here also active users of two other forums. Welcome to submit your answers!

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I like TMC but there's too many forums and it's hard to get a consolidated discussion (same topic discussed in 20 threads over 2 or 3 forums when new update comes out).

/r/teslamotors seems to get news faster, but there are so many trolls and much more nastiness there

I never go to testa.com forums. There seemed to be very little discussion there and a very outdated commenting system.

There are a number of Tesla fora out there, but overall this is the best of the lot. The problem with most of these fora, including this one, are moderators who take themselves too seriously. Sometimes I think there should be moderators who moderate the moderators! And I realize that's an oxymoron.

Although forums.tesla.com is "clunky", bare bones, primitive, and difficult to follow,,,,,,,,I do like it because it is self-moderated. Usually, off-topic or flaming war threads die quickly on their own. I also like that Tesla will only allow verified Tesla owners to start threads on their site. That has cut down significantly on the number of trolls and stock shorters who post on their site.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: GreenT and McCaesar
As a new Tesla owner, I am actively learning to use my car on three major forums: forums.tesla.com; teslamotorsclub.com; and reddit.com/r/teslamotors.

I think you will get a pretty good idea of each forum's usefulness and vibe if you follow them for a few days.

For me, TMC works the best for meaningful interaction when asking questions and sharing opinions. People here are mostly on topic and friendly.

The worst for me is forums.tesla.com. A handful of immature posters there make it really difficult for us to have a productive conversation if they perceive what we are saying to be in the slightest way not flattering to Tesla. A lot of name calling and posts demeaning others.

TMC is far and away the best. Throw in a pinch of Reddit. Ad a dash of Electrek (read the articles, skip the conmmets).

Yes, Electrek has it's issues. A lot of folks here hate it. But it is a great source of the latest, breaking Tesla news (along with a boatload of fluff). Then you come here for (mostly) intelligent discussion.

Or you can just visit TMC only, which ain't a bad option

I've been researching for the past month, look at all and this was the only one I joined. Have found it to be great! Very useful info and really great feedback and discussions from people so far. Definitely helped me with my decision of what to purchase.

He was referring to the “official Tesla forum” when he made that statement.

TMC is not the official Tesla forum.
Well aware but he/she also failed to use the quote button (here) while asking why someone was complaining about not having it (in Tesla's forums). Being critical that others might want something you don't seem to understand......

Even you missed up by quitting him/her instead of quoting me probably because they didn't use it to begin with.;)

Last edited: