Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your preferred Tesla forums

What forums do you actively look/post?

• forums.tesla.com

• teslamotorclubs.com

• reddit.com/r/teslamotors

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@palm this one is my favorites by far. I've been researching model 3's for about 3-ish months, and the mix here of good info and good folks is a good... mix.

This is my only and the favorite forum, hands down.
One thing I regret is that I didn't join this forum before I purchasing the car, or else I will learn much more about those referral program, quarterly sales, inventory car sales, demo sales, etc.

I hear ya... but the research has driven me CRAZY! Back and forth between LR and SR+... will Tesla survive... what will the price be tomorrow... be careful because the wind and weather effect range... *mind blown emoji here*

> He was referring to the “official Tesla forum” [ecarfan]

I know that but when I went to see if manual quoting was still possible (hard to imagine it isn't) I was locked out of the forum section due to an ancient email association. Anyway, there used to be some techies there who were not here ca 2013.
--

TMC is far and away the best. Throw in a pinch of Reddit.

This is where I am, too. Reddit has some good, breaking, info, but the interface is just so horrible to use.. and too many discussions are dominated by wannbees that someday want a Tesla and think they know everything just pushing the S/N ratio asymptotically toward zero. And when a reddit discussion gets more than 50 replies, it's really hard to follow along and filter the trash from the few helpful/informative posts.

Ages ago I was a die-hard "threaded discussion forum only" guy (like reddit is)... nothing was better and the flat/linear style of Vbulletin (and later Xenforo) was unusable to me. Until I started running my own forum with thousands of users and millions of posts, and I came to realize that the flat/linear posting with advanced quoting was far superior to maintaining long conversations than the threaded model. So I'm now a full convert to the flat model, and threaded boards like reddit are much harder to use/follow "new posts" on discussions I'm interested in. With the flat style, there's a high-water mark, and you just start from there.

This one seems the best for software & members alike.

That being said, the marketplace DESPERATELY needs some staff intervention and basic guidelines. Requiring a list price, photos and description is pretty standard across car forums the world wide web over for marketplace listings. I've also seen most will not allow people to bash for sale listings and ask that if people have serious offers to take it to PM for discussion.

The way members of this forum seem to know everything about every listing and feel compelled to make themselves look smart by saying how much others should be listing their car for is incredibly rude and serves only to drive the secondary market on Teslas down. It's not your business if a seller is matching the lowest price you've ever seen for a car or not.

Personally, I hope more sellers as MORE for their cars and get asking price because it will help resale value on ALL of our cars.

I doubt forum staff will read this message but I've been staff on numerous forums over the years and a few guidelines to force some manners in the marketplace would go a LONG ways to civility on this forum.

Just my opinion, but the Tesla.com forum's platform sucks - on top of that there is the adolescent behavior of many of the users.
I got fed with it and started looking around. I was pleasantly surprised to find this community.
I used to use back when I got my first Tesla in 2013. The implementation was primitive and lacking features, so it was difficult to filter, search, etc. Then I started using TMC (found it by people posting TMC links on tesla.com forum) and never went back.

Reactions: Tron 3
There are a number of Tesla fora out there, but overall this is the best of the lot. The problem with most of these fora, including this one, are moderators who take themselves too seriously. Sometimes I think there should be moderators who moderate the moderators! And I realize that's an oxymoron.

Although forums.tesla.com is "clunky", bare bones, primitive, and difficult to follow,,,,,,,,I do like it because it is self-moderated. Usually, off-topic or flaming war threads die quickly on their own. I also like that Tesla will only allow verified Tesla owners to start threads on their site. That has cut down significantly on the number of trolls and stock shorters who post on their site.

Which is the plural of "forum": "fora" or "forums"?

It is a matter of perspective, e.g.

"Mini peeps never use there breaks on there Tesla" It get's the point across, sorta. #dumbing down the English language

I don't agree. There's dumbing down the English language, then there's evolution of the English language. Your there/their example is clearly bad English and you won't find a dictionary anywhere telling you otherwise. However --
Definition of FORUMS

Note the first instance being forums, not fora, indicating fora is falling out of use.

Anyhow...

I don't agree. There's dumbing down the English language, then there's evolution of the English language. Your there/their example is clearly bad English and you won't find a dictionary anywhere telling you otherwise. However --
Definition of FORUMS

Note the first instance being forums, not fora, indicating fora is falling out of use.

Anyhow...
This is the kind of page-turning excitement you expect from a bunch of Tesla owners.