Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your solar referral award check has been processed"

Imolared

Sep 14, 2019
Northern California
Got my PTO for self referral Sept 14th. Any idea how much is this check ?

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.19.05 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: mnsweeps

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
Referral Program

Solar
Anyone using your referral link can earn a $100 award after system activation for solar panels or Solar Roof to reduce reliance on the grid and produce clean solar energy. You will earn a $400 award for each solar referral. Additionally, you will earn one Powerwall for 10 or more solar referrals, limited to one award.

mnsweeps

Aug 3, 2019
Los Angeles
For the referee it is $400(person who referred) and $100 for the referred person (person who orders). No PTO yet for me but I also self referred on July 28 when I ordered. So you should get 2 checks, right?

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
No. One.

That’s like self referring on the car and expecting double miles. Doesn’t happen.

Always better to use someone else’s referral so two people benefit and Tesla pays out twice.

Share the love.

Tesla loves when people try and double dip and self refer since they only have to pay out once then.

Fragger

Mar 26, 2020
Texas
No. One.

That’s like self referring on the car and expecting double miles. Doesn’t happen.

Always better to use someone else’s referral so two people benefit and Tesla pays out twice.

Share the love.

Tesla loves when people try and double dip and self refer since they only have to pay out once then.
Interesting information, thanks for sharing. Are you speaking from personal experience though? Reason why I ask is because they clearly told me we would get referral bonus both ways. My car account referring my wife for the Solar Install.

Looking forward to learning more from your experience, thanks!

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Personal experience myself. Others responses when I asked we’re contradicting. Figured I would just do it and find out. I didn’t get a double dip. Honestly I wasn’t expecting it but I was like ehh worst case I end up where others were expecting. Every since it didn’t work and others have brought it up I’ve tried to guide others. While let Tesla off the off for only one payout when two can benefit.

Best of luck. The difference is that great anything. Besides share the love.

If you want my referral let me know and I’ll direct message you. Otherwise no big deal.

If you need anything else just ask.

Ultimately the most important thing is how absolutely much you’ll enjoy the purchase.

Reactions: Fragger

mnsweeps

Aug 3, 2019
Los Angeles
Personal experience myself. Others responses when I asked we’re contradicting. Figured I would just do it and find out. I didn’t get a double dip. Honestly I wasn’t expecting it but I was like ehh worst case I end up where others were expecting. Every since it didn’t work and others have brought it up I’ve tried to guide others. While let Tesla off the off for only one payout when two can benefit.

Best of luck. The difference is that great anything. Besides share the love.

If you want my referral let me know and I’ll direct message you. Otherwise no big deal.

If you need anything else just ask.

Ultimately the most important thing is how absolutely much you’ll enjoy the purchase.

good info. so OP would get the $400 check or the $100 check?

Reactions: Fragger

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Where did you enter a self referral code? I ordered solar through my Tesla account which has a car on It and nothing.

Or did you use your wife’s account to order solar and the main car account is yours? That’s not a self-referral to Tesla. My wife just ordered a model Y and used me as a referral. That is easy. Not sure if I buy another Tesla if I would get referral miles on my account unless I used her as a referral.

One thing to be aware of, only the account purchasing solar can monitor it In the app. There is no adding of users that I have been able to find like you can with cars.

tfan2018

Apr 14, 2018
USA
No. One.

Share the love.

if I use someone’s referral I get $100. But if I use my own I get $400

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC