Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your solar referral award check has been processed"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my PTO for self referral Sept 14th. Any idea how much is this check ?

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.19.05 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: mnsweeps
No. One.

That’s like self referring on the car and expecting double miles. Doesn’t happen.

Always better to use someone else’s referral so two people benefit and Tesla pays out twice.

Share the love.

Tesla loves when people try and double dip and self refer since they only have to pay out once then.

No. One.

That’s like self referring on the car and expecting double miles. Doesn’t happen.

Always better to use someone else’s referral so two people benefit and Tesla pays out twice.

Share the love.

Tesla loves when people try and double dip and self refer since they only have to pay out once then.
Interesting information, thanks for sharing. Are you speaking from personal experience though? Reason why I ask is because they clearly told me we would get referral bonus both ways. My car account referring my wife for the Solar Install.

Looking forward to learning more from your experience, thanks!

Personal experience myself. Others responses when I asked we’re contradicting. Figured I would just do it and find out. I didn’t get a double dip. Honestly I wasn’t expecting it but I was like ehh worst case I end up where others were expecting. Every since it didn’t work and others have brought it up I’ve tried to guide others. While let Tesla off the off for only one payout when two can benefit.

Best of luck. The difference is that great anything. Besides share the love.

If you want my referral let me know and I’ll direct message you. Otherwise no big deal.

If you need anything else just ask.

Ultimately the most important thing is how absolutely much you’ll enjoy the purchase.

Reactions: Fragger
Personal experience myself. Others responses when I asked we’re contradicting. Figured I would just do it and find out. I didn’t get a double dip. Honestly I wasn’t expecting it but I was like ehh worst case I end up where others were expecting. Every since it didn’t work and others have brought it up I’ve tried to guide others. While let Tesla off the off for only one payout when two can benefit.

Best of luck. The difference is that great anything. Besides share the love.

If you want my referral let me know and I’ll direct message you. Otherwise no big deal.

If you need anything else just ask.

Ultimately the most important thing is how absolutely much you’ll enjoy the purchase.

good info. so OP would get the $400 check or the $100 check?

Reactions: Fragger
Where did you enter a self referral code? I ordered solar through my Tesla account which has a car on It and nothing.

Or did you use your wife’s account to order solar and the main car account is yours? That’s not a self-referral to Tesla. My wife just ordered a model Y and used me as a referral. That is easy. Not sure if I buy another Tesla if I would get referral miles on my account unless I used her as a referral.

One thing to be aware of, only the account purchasing solar can monitor it In the app. There is no adding of users that I have been able to find like you can with cars.

No. One.

Share the love.

if I use someone’s referral I get $100. But if I use my own I get $400