Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your Tesla is currently in production"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the $7500 tax credit is important to you, I'd suggest finding a way to make certain you take delivery before 12/31/17.
I have already been assured of delivery prior to the end of the year. Yes, it is very important to me, which is why I ordered now instead of waiting until next year, as I had originally intended. My reasoning was presented in my thread The $7500 option package

Reactions: pdx3181
Interesting. I've had the VIN since early Nov but I'm still in the "pre production" phase according to my DS. Supposedly they are stamping out the parts but haven't yet started putting them together.
If I have properly inferred from purported claims on the Internet (and when is that ever wrong?), Tesla does not merely build vehicles in order of order dates, but rather batches the manufacture of cars together by various parameters, such as battery size, color, delivery location, etc. Certainly, a case could be made that this can provide certain production and delivery efficiencies.

I remember that feeling. We were pretty nonchalant until the "your Tesla is currently in production" message even though we had a delivery date. However, the "completed production" message really gets the heart racing.

So, how's your car????

So, how's your car????
Thank you for asking! Sadly, out of my hands at the moment. The first thing Monday morning after I drove it home Sunday evening, I dropped it off at a detailer in town for a full-vehicle installation of paint-protection film. It's going more slowly than I had expected due to delays on their part. It looks like I will not get it back until the middle of next week. Ugh.

You can see my car here: In praise of an excellent order and delivery service - Nashville

Reactions: Duffer