Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I think Durango would've been an even better choice but nothing on the map for Durango for 2018 yet.
I agree!

When I drive to Telluride I see a sign advertising EV charging on Route 145 at the intersection of the Western access to the ski slope area. If that is where they mean by "Telluride," it is a fine location.

Telluride.png

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The 5 superchargers being built which most help me out in my travels are:
Danbury, CT
Leominster, MA
Manchester, CT
Clinton Corners, NY
Baie-Saint-Paul, QC

I am really happy with all these locations and can't think of locations I would substitute for them. I am also very happy about the brand new ones in Freeport, ME and Saint-Romuald, QC. And now I just heard about one going up in Hadley, MA. They are popping up all over. Go Tesla! Now if we could just get more service center locations ...

Reactions: Drucifer
I vote for Montrose instead of Telluride, unless the Telluride location is at the Western lot access to the ski slope.
The most convenient location for a Telluride Supercharger Station is the gas station/shopping area right next to the highway just west of the intersection with the spur road that goes into the town. Not much room in Telluride proper, with real estate and parking at a premium. Putting it in the Mountain Village parking garage, where the public L2 charge station is now, would be ok, but not as convenient.

I'd rather have a Supercharger Station in Cortez over Telluride or Durango, not that it would do you much good for road trips!

Last edited:
For my travel patterns (mostly DC-NJ, DC-Philly, and DC-Pittsburgh), I'd choose:
* Bridgewater NJ
* Barnegat NJ
* Lancaster PA (and/or York and/or Reading)
* Mount Laurel NJ
* Philadelphia PA

It would be nice to have a supercharger in Pittsburgh itself as well, and it's on Tesla's list, but that's less important to me as my access to destination charging has been decent. I really don't have access to convenient destination charging in NJ; during Thanksgiving break my hotel was in Branchburg and I ended up using the Edison supercharger (>20 miles away) 4x.

I was hoping for a rash of new locations this year, but it seems like the majority have been popping up near existing SCs. I suppose that is more practical, but would sure like to see the gaps filled in.

100 mile gap between SanDiego and El Centro for example.
Or between Phoenix and Holbrook (can you say Payson?).

I love the two-lanes! It's great to be able to go coast-to-coast easily, but there's a lot out there that isn't on an interstate.

Kayenta AZ -- for Monument Valley, Four Corners, Canyon de Chelly, Canyons of the Ancients, and more.
Burns OR -- for the Steens Mountains and a more scenic route to Boise.
Marathon TX -- for Big Bend.
Roswell (and Carlsbad?) NM -- might make Albuquerque to Carlsbad and Guadalupe Mountains doable. (But we really need Pecos TX, too. It's been under permit forever but no sign of construction yet.)
Durango (and Ouray?) CO -- so maybe I can enjoy the Million Dollar Highway (US 550) again.

And since I'm already over the limit of 5, how about Ely NV for US 50? (Although we'd probably also need Austin NV -- pop 192 -- and wherever you end up in Utah.)

Reactions: Drucifer and tmoz
...Durango (and Ouray?) CO -- so maybe I can enjoy the Million Dollar Highway (US 550) again...
Several of your desired locations are also ones on my want list!

I will mention, however, that Tesla has Montrose CO and Telluride CO on the 2018 list. Farmington NM to Montrose CO is very easy to do. Even Farmington to Ouray to Telluride would be doable — and highly scenic all the way from Silverton to Telluride — and that would allow completing the loop via Lizard Head Pass to Cortez and back to Farmington. Rather than put a Supercharger Station at Durango, so near to Farmington, I'd like to see one at Cortez. It would really open up the Four Corners area and Mesa Verde National Park.

Yes, this is my home turf.

Model S at Red Mountain Pass1620edsf 3-19-16.jpg
US 550 Million Dollar Hwy1621edsf 3-19-16.jpg
Model S and US 550 Million Dollar Hwy1618cropsf 3-19-16.jpg
^ "Million Dollar Highway" in March 2016

Several of your desired locations are also ones on my want list!

I will mention, however, that Tesla has Montrose CO and Telluride CO on the 2018 list. Farmington NM to Montrose CO is very easy to do. Even Farmington to Ouray to Telluride would be doable — and highly scenic all the way from Silverton to Telluride — and that would allow completing the loop via Lizard Head Pass to Cortez and back to Farmington. Rather than put a Supercharger Station at Durango, so near to Farmington, I'd like to see one at Cortez. It would really open up the Four Corners area and Mesa Verde National Park.

Now I really want Kayenta and Montrose (and maybe Cortez). I'm already starting to plan a road trip ...