Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watertown SD
Fargo ND
Grand Forks ND
Pembina ND
Winnipeg MB

These are important sites to enable travel, not just convenience or for shorter wait times. IMHO we should see 2 or 3 of these before any more in California!
Agreed, I'm especially on board for opening new stores or at least service locations up in rural areas to fill in the gap.

Reactions: Drucifer
Am I the only one that keeps a running list of the next 5 supercharger locations I'd like to see? When I got my Model S nearly 3 years ago, the list was:

Asheville, NC
Greenville, NC
Wytheville, VA
Columbia, SC
Raleigh, NC

All of these have been built.

Now my list is:

Beckely, WV
Hickory, NC
Buford, GA
Greensboro, NC
Charleston, SC

Do you have a list? What's yours?View attachment 264944

It's been just over a year, so happy belated birthday to this thread.

Beckely, WV - DONE
Hickory, NC - DONE
Buford, GA - DONE
Greensboro, NC - DONE
Charleston, SC - ?????

So now I'd like to see....

Charleston, SC (actually North Charleston)
Charlotte, NC (South/SouthWest)
Christiansburg, VA
Dothan, AL
Evensville/Eberfield, IN (last major hole east of the Mississippi, IMHO)

I occasionally check supercharge.info for the construction status of Superchargers.

The number under construction in North America has been continuously dropping for the past few months, and is now down to 31 (including 1 in Toronto area). Mainly in California (needed) and the North-East, with a couple in Florida and in upper mid-West.

Only 4 new permits so far in 2019.

I understand Tesla's Supercharger emphasis is currently distracted by retrofitting European stations for CCS charging for the Euro-configured Model 3, but when will they return to filling gaps in their North American network?

La Pine, OR
Silver Lake, OR, or Summer Lake, OR, or Paisley, OR
Lakeview, OR

Comment: These locations are along the normal route between Reno, NV, and Bend, OR. This route is moderately well traveled by Lakeview people going to Bend for medical appointments and shopping, or going farther north (to Portland, etc.).I don't need Lakeview, since I charge at home, but others will need it, especially as it is also on the route between Klamath Falls and Nevada/Idaho/Utah, etc. The 180 miles between Lakeview and Bend gives me range anxiety in cold or snowy weather, even with my LR Mod 3: I have arrived home with less than 30 miles indicated range remaining on my almost-new battery, and if I had had to use chains, I certainly would not have made it.

La Pine (30 mi S of Bend) would help me but is too far from Lakeview for those with short- or intermediate-range models in cold weather. (However, La Pine has the advantage of having shopping areas and being along the route between Klamath Falls and Bend.) Paisley, Summer Lake, and Silver Lake are tiny places with no major shopping areas, but there are no other reasonable stops along the route.

Lakeview has some large parking lots, which could easily accommodate Superchargers, near businesses of the type that people passing through town would stop at.

Christmas Valley allegedly has a J1772 charger. Even if that were a Supercharger, it would not be very useful to those traveling between Lakeview and Bend, except as an inconvenient emergency detour.

Reactions: KJD
La Pine, OR
Silver Lake, OR, or Summer Lake, OR, or Paisley, OR
Lakeview, OR
Comment: These locations are along the normal route between Reno, NV, and Bend, OR. This route is moderately well traveled by Lakeview people going to Bend for medical appointments and shopping, or going farther north (to Portland, etc.).I don't need Lakeview, since I charge at home, but others will need it, especially as it is also on the route between Klamath Falls and Nevada/Idaho/Utah, etc. The 180 miles between Lakeview and Bend gives me range anxiety in cold or snowy weather, even with my LR Mod 3: .
Well I don't want to discourage you but once you get off the interstate highway grid Tesla is pretty slow building superchargers. Any chance you could work with some of the shopping centers or small cafe's along that route to get some destination chargers installed. Tesla has been pretty generous with these even with small hotels, B & B's and coffee shops.

Charging Partners | Tesla

Last edited:
If there is someone out there that is willing to compile data from this thread, it would be interesting to list all of the recommendations in order of how many times they have been uniquely recommended, mark how many have been built out and how many are still awaiting a build out.

One of the Coming in 2018/2019 superchargers shown on Tesla's map is across the street from my house.

The balloon is right on top of someone's house, so clearly the location shown on the map is not correct/final. But it is really fun to pretend that that I could walk home while the car was supercharging.

One of the Coming in 2018/2019 superchargers shown on Tesla's map is across the street from my house.

The balloon is right on top of someone's house, so clearly the location shown on the map is not correct/final. But it is really fun to pretend that that I could walk home while the car was supercharging.
It's been stated many times before but I'll mention it again. The map showing future locations does NOT show the actual Supercharger street address. It is only showing the CITY/NEIGHBORHOOD in which the new Supercharger will be located. If you look, you'll see the balloon is always centered above the town name. The actual location could be several miles away. It will NOT be located where the balloon has been placed.
The example below shows that in the Denver metro area, they will have Superchargers in Denver, Cherry Creek, the Denver Tech Center and Wheat Ridge. We know the planned location of the Wheat Ridge Supecharger and it will be located several miles to the west of where the balloon is centered above the Wheat Ridge label.

upload_2019-2-1_9-16-11.png

Ft Smith, AK would open up I-40

Clayton, NM would allow access between I-25 and I-40(E) without detouring up into the the hills of NM.

Basically, I hope Tesla can start building those missing "in 2018" Supercharger locations early in 2019, please, please, please

I don't think Fort Smith, AK would help many people here. Maybe Audie.