TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

Discussion in 'North America' started by Drucifer, Dec 6, 2017.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

No. No. No. No.
    Open.

At least I-86E is "complete".

No.
    Baileyville, ME replaces Baring, ME, location known. (Irving Big Stop)
    Yes!
    Location Known. (Hannaford Supermarket).
    Location Known. (Irving Big Stop)

Location known.
    No.
    Open. Helps people driving to Pittsburgh, PA from Northern New England, or driving I-99 in general.

2. webbbcam

webbbcam not-so-junior member

I agree completely with Rocky_H that US 95 is vital to get from San Francisco to Boise, and that the Winnemucca to Boise leg has been completely ignored.

But also north of Boise US 95 (with ID-55) is by far the easiest way to get to Coeur d'Alene and Canada (Creston BC supercharger coming "soon") Having to detour through Oregon and Washington adds at least 80 miles to the trip.

A single supercharger in Grangeville, ID makes this trip doable in all but the smallest battery cars. Alternatively two chargers one in Lewiston, ID and one in Riggins,ID makes this trip easy.

So I want (Neeeeed!) only two or three:

1) Grangeville, Idaho (or the Lewiston/Riggins pair for S60 owners)
    2) Jordan Valley, Oregon (or perhaps McDermitt, Nevada)

Please oh please oh please!

• Love x 2
  3. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

@webbbcam Dude! You're gettin' me! :cool: That's why it feels like the Supercharger planning group at Tesla is a bit clueless showing on their future planning of Supercharger locations in Idaho that they are just going to continue to intersperse more of them onto I-84. Those would be redundant, and they're not covering the routes that need them.

4. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Let's be realistic and try for Burns and then maybe Lakeview.

• Like x 1
  5. IdaX

IdaX Member

I know that these are a bit parochial and not the highest priority for Tesla as a whole, but for us Idahoans they would be critically helpful!

• Like x 1
  6. Pluto

Pluto is a Planet

I know where you live >:]

Jk!

7. Baja30

Baja30 Member

The pin usually represents the center of the city or where a map program would show the city for locations that haven't been announced yet.

8. Aksourdough

Aksourdough New Member

Wasilla alaska
    Anchorage Alaska
    Glenallen Alaska
    Valdez Alaska
    Soldotna Alaska
    Cantwell Alaska

We have some long stretches up here and lots of cold.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. camthehombre

camthehombre Member

No specific order:
    Burley/Heyburn ID
    Provo, UT
    Mountain Home, ID
    Ontario, OR
    Boardman, OR

I make the trip from Spanish Fork UT to Aloha OR 2-5 times a year. Some of the charging gaps would be a lot better, in my opinion, if they were more evenly spaced. Some stops currently are 20 minutes while others are 45. Also, I'd love to have the option to charge longer at one spot if the wife and kid are asleep and skip a charger, but as of now you have to stop at all of them from Tremonton, UT to The Dalles, OR.

10. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

@camthehombre You mentioned Mountain Home, ID. Interestingly, the Electrify America station is live in Mountain Home now, so they do have a CHAdeMO station there if you have the adapter.

11. camthehombre

camthehombre Member

I don't have the adapter. I've debated asking my Tesla Club if anyone has one they would let me borrow to try out.

12. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

I just thought that I'd update this message from November:
    • Watertown SD
    • Fargo ND
    • Grand Forks ND
    • Pembina ND
    • Winnipeg MB

Oh wait its the same list. :)

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. TexasDuke

TexasDuke Member

Anywhere in SW Indiana would be nice . . . (Just saying)

• Like x 1
  14. webbbcam

webbbcam not-so-junior member

I’m currently charging at a destination charger at the Super 8 in Grangeville Idaho because my wife is teaching EMTs/paramedics at the local fire station. We are spending the night because a 7 hour charge ( I only have a single charger) is necessary for me to either get back to Coeur d’Alene or go on to Boise.

Please oh please, just one Supercharger here opens up ALL of central Idaho via US 95 and ID 55. Unlimited camping, fly fishing, skiing, and just plain sightseeing!

Just one! That’s all we need!

I’m begging!

John

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Love x 1
  15. tmoz

tmoz S85D, Prius PiP

I hear you. The tension between high use areas that need a 2nd charger and the areas that are SC barren is agonizing. Overall, looking at the US map, they have done a wonderful job in filling in a lot of the gaps. There seem to be fewer and fewer gaps/dead zones, but they are not all gone yet.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. windgrins

windgrins Member

Metter, GA
    Charleston, SC
    Madison, GA
    Columbus, GA
    Montgomery, AL

17. Aipa

Aipa New Member

Charleston, SC
    Of all the places in the southeast, this one needs to be built quickly.

Bryson City, NC
    Or maybe somewhere else deeper into the Smoky mountains. Right now Asheville is the last spot to charge when heading to the smokies from the NC side.

Columbia, SC
    Columbia has a charger but it is poorly placed for anyone traveling along I-26. For example, a trip from Charleston to Greenville would require a detour of over 20 minutes to hit either Columbia or Santee since there are no chargers along I-26.

New Bern, NC (Or Morehead City)
    New Bern would be a good location to serve the set of beaches like Atlantic Beach in the middle of the NC coast. Right now there aren’t any chargers along the routes from central NC to any of the beaches in that area.

Nags Head, NC
    Apparently this one is under construction. Definitely needed for travel into the outer banks.

Of those 5, only Charleston and Nags Head are listed by Tesla as planned. The other three are spots I think would make trips in the Carolinas a lot easier for Tesla owners.

18. Frizer

Frizer New Member

+1 for Charleston,SC- it’s been on the coming soon list for 3 years.
    There are destination chargers but really limits hotel choices.

19. gnuarm

gnuarm Model X 100 with 72 kW chargers

I have to say I share your thought. It seems like Charleston should have a station. Destination charging is fine if it is available. But for anyone not staying at that hotel it's just not an option. I guess with no showrooms or even repair facilities in South Carolina, Tesla has it as a low priority.

Driving to Murrells Inlet from Virginia I once was saved by a public L2 charger in Conway. I should have had 12% left on reaching the Myrtle Beach station, but once I got off the highways the final charge estimation dropped like a rock. I spent half an hour at the Conway library to get enough charge to make sure I reached the station. I wrote to the library by email to thank them and never heard a word back. Funny.

20. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

1. Hebron, Nebraska
    2. Sioux City, Iowa
    3. Thunder Bay, Ontario
    4. Junction City, Kansas
    5. Beatrice, Nebraska