Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kayenta - a very small town I never heard of until Tesla targeted it as a SC site. After driving from Flagstaff to Moab on the way to Arches NP, I realized why Kayenta was needed to host a Supercharging station. Just recently, it is home to a big solar plant, which is not 100% finished, perhaps to offset the closure of the nearby Page coal plant? Kayenta Solar Project | Swinerton Renewable Energy
I'm growing more hopeful that someday soon, construction will begin on the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Agree 100% Kayenta, AZ would be a great location for a supercharger. My model 3 is much better on range than my 2012 model S was, but it would still make things a log easier traveling that area. I am sure those with the smaller battery packs would like this location.

I just thought that I'd update this message from November:
  • Watertown SD
  • Fargo ND
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • Winnipeg MB
Oh wait its the same list. :)
Well, it's a new year. Time to update the list. Winnipeg was recently brought online. To keep it at 5 locations, I'll add International Falls MN:
  • Watertown SD
  • Fargo ND
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • International Falls MN

Reactions: Drucifer
Denver Tech Center - was on the board for 2019 completion, now scheduled for 2020. There is a location at Park Meadows just a few miles south, but I've literally never seen a stall open there. People going south on I-25 will have to stop in Loveland and Colorado Springs, or wait at Park Meadows.

• Clayton, NM
  • Lubbock, TX
  • Conifer, CO
  • Wheat Ridge, CO
  • Centennial, CO
My mom lives really close to the new Reno Supercharger that just opened close to her. She mentioned it only had 16 stalls and I mentioned that the entire Denver metro area only has 16 stalls and the population is many times larger here. While I would never need to use them, hopefully they will get Wheat Ridge and Conifer up soon. Those will allow people to charge up before heading to the mountains...or on their way back and skip the other crowded Denver locations. Another Tech Center/Centennial or even Castle Rock location would help travelers on the I-25 corridor as well.

They still really need Fort Smith, AR.
Fredricksburg, TX would be a nice-to-have.
College Station, TX would be useful for me.
Big Bend TX (like Terlingula) aren't even scheduled and aren't that important, but I personally would love it.

I won't even use my fifth choice. I'm pretty happy as it is.

Well, it's a new year. Time to update the list. Winnipeg was recently brought online. To keep it at 5 locations, I'll add International Falls MN:
  • Watertown SD
  • Fargo ND
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • International Falls MN
Charleston, SC - Badly needed; never the bride and always the bridesmaid - Charleston, SC
Kiawah Island, SC - The Hamptons of the Southeast, too many Teslas to count and the closest supercharger is 95 miles away - Kiawah Island, SC

Hebron, NE (not even on the map yet, but it's really needed).
I think you'll be waiting a while for that one. You can fairly easily get from Salina to either Lincoln or Grand Island on one charge in just about any Tesla. And needless to say, not many Tesla folks are doing round trips in and out of Hebron and vicinity.

I-70 and I-80 run fairly close to each other through the middle of the country so there isn't much need to fill in there. It would make more sense to fill in between I-40 and I-70 (say Dodge City) and/or between I-80 and I-90, though admittedly there isn't much Tesla traffic there either.

Just by going on what I don't see any movement in lately, but want. Others that I see work on or follow progress or on Interstates, I am assuming are really going to be done in 2020.:cool:

No particular order, and purley being selfish. Completes my personal West US.

Pembina, ND
Casper, WY
Burns, OR
Cody, WY
Kalispell, MT

Reactions: Drucifer and KJD