Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you'll be waiting a while for that one. You can fairly easily get from Salina to either Lincoln or Grand Island on one charge in just about any Tesla.
That was true until last year when they lowered the charging rate and reduced the range in the 85S. Now it takes an hour to charge at Salina rather than thirty minutes and I get the "don't drive faster than" message. This is in good weather. In bad weather it's likely to limit my car to 40 mph. Not everyone can purchase a new Tesla every few years just because there is a lack of Superchargers. (Admittedly, this will cease to be an issue for me when the Cybertruck becomes available).

Top Five - all along Southern I-95 to plug three different ~100 mile gaps:
  1. Emporia, VA
  2. Roanoke Rapids, NC (1+2 can fill the 107 mile gap on I-95 between Chester, VA and Rocky Mount, NC.)
  3. Walterboro, SC
  4. Hardeeville, SC (3+4 can fill the 108mile gap on I-95 between Santee, SC and Savana, GA. Also helps with Hilton Head traffic)
  5. Anything to fill the 98mile gap on I-95 between Savana, GA and Kingsland, GA)

All the existing SC locations on either ends of these 100 miles gaps are either 6 or 8 stall. Crazy these gaps exists since I-95 from the Northeast to Florida is a fairly major road trip route with lots of snowbird, spring break and summer vacation road trippers. And lots of costal destinations in SC and GA.

Reactions: Drucifer and gavine
I love the two-lanes! It's great to be able to go coast-to-coast easily, but there's a lot out there that isn't on an interstate.

Kayenta AZ -- for Monument Valley, Four Corners, Canyon de Chelly, Canyons of the Ancients, and more.
Burns OR -- for the Steens Mountains and a more scenic route to Boise.
Marathon TX -- for Big Bend.
Roswell (and Carlsbad?) NM -- might make Albuquerque to Carlsbad and Guadalupe Mountains doable. (But we really need Pecos TX, too. It's been under permit forever but no sign of construction yet.)
Durango (and Ouray?) CO -- so maybe I can enjoy the Million Dollar Highway (US 550) again.

And since I'm already over the limit of 5, how about Ely NV for US 50? (Although we'd probably also need Austin NV -- pop 192 -- and wherever you end up in Utah.)
Well, it's a year later and Pecos is online. 1 out of 5 per year aint bad, right?

How many per interstate would that be? Meaning how many permits are needed.
I-94: 8 (really needs an extra Montana location) 7 are under construction
I-40: 3, although I believe will need 4 with the actual locations chosen.
I-15: 2 Helena, MT and Great Falls, MT are under construction. The 3rd, Shelby, MT makes the Canadian connection.
I-25: 1. Casper, WY has been a long time coming.
I-29 (not I-35): 4 (5 to Winnipeg). Fargo is under construction and also needed for I-94.
I-35: 1 Emporia, KS is under construction

To be honest, I think that serious questions need to be asked why Arkansas isn't done already. Some of the others are obviously less-traveled routes, but I can't believe I-40 isn't done yet, without there being a legal issue in Arkansas.

Correction:
I-35: 2 Emporia, KS is under construction, also needs one indicated by Tesla in Dilley, TX.
I'd call Dilley a nice-to-have (between Laredo and San Antonio, but Fort Smith essential.
Circles set to a radius of 175 miles.
upload_2020-1-27_9-55-48.png

Last edited:
I-94: 8 (really needs an extra Montana location) 7 are under construction
I-40: 3, although I believe will need 4 with the actual locations chosen.
I-15: 2 Helena, MT and Great Falls, MT are under construction. The 3rd, Shelby, MT makes the Canadian connection.
I-25: 1. Casper, WY has been a long time coming.
I-29 (not I-35): 4 (5 to Winnipeg). Fargo is under construction and also needed for I-94.
I-35: 1 Emporia, KS is under construction

To be honest, I think that serious questions need to be asked why Arkansas isn't done already. Some of the others are obviously less-traveled routes, but I can't believe I-40 isn't done yet, without there being a legal issue in Arkansas.
I 29 meaning Pembina(P), Grand Forks(P), Fargo(C), Sioux City(P), and one (TBD) between Fargo and Sioux Falls?

Well, it's a new year. Time to update the list. Winnipeg was recently brought online. To keep it at 5 locations, I'll add International Falls MN:
  • Watertown SD
  • Fargo ND
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • International Falls MN
Well, another year has gone by. Time to update my list again. In 2020, Fargo was added, so I'll replace with Emerson MB.

My list for 2021:
  • Watertown SD
  • Grand Forks ND
  • Pembina ND
  • Emerson MB
  • International Falls MN
At this rate, they are adding one from my list per year.

2017 list:

1) Kayenta AZ
2) Heyburn ID DONE
3) Boulder CO DONE
4) Cuba NM (not on Tesla's list of coming stations)
5) Mt Vernon OR or Burns OR (not on Tesla's list of coming stations) IN PROGRESS?

6) Globe AZ
7) Mountain Home ID
8) Montrose CO DONE

Other helpful locations that opened recently include:

Conifer CO (big help with getting to and from Poncha Springs CO)

Ontario OR (helps with getting to and from Burns OR when that station opens)

Cedar City UT (allows easy access to Cedar Breaks National Monument and takes some traffic away from Beaver UT)

Payson AZ (allows getting from Holbrook AZ to Phoenix without going through Flagstaff)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A new list:

1) Kayenta AZ (no longer on the coming soon list)
2) Alamosa CO
3) Cuba NM (not on Tesla's list of coming stations)
4) Cortez CO (not on Tesla's list of coming stations)
5) Globe AZ

6) Socorro NM
7) Vernal UT (not on Tesla's list of coming stations)

Reactions: camthehombre
I prefer filling holes and being able to drive *anywhere* so I'll go with:

1) Burns, OR
2) Ely, NV
3) Great Falls, MT
4) Lander, WY
5) Dodge City, KS

Honorable mentions would be:
-Forks, WA
-Fort Stockton, TX
-Fort Smith, AR
-Roswell, NM
-I-94
-Transcanada Highway
-Matehuala, MX
3 years later and I only got 1 out of 5 :-(

Did manage 6 out of 7 on my honorable mentions though :) (I'm counting the supercharger in Ozark + supercharger construction in Van Buren as a win for Fort Smith)

Eastern NM and Western Texas have a handful of holes.
upload_2021-1-30_8-35-41.png

As well as Eastern Az.
Globe, Showlow, Eager/Greer, Kayenta for me please.
If I'm the Sunrise Ski Resort/Greer managers, I would think a Tesla SC would be a help to draw more customers.
Same with the Navaho nation with the Kayenta SC - more monument valley tourists.
upload_2021-1-30_8-38-58.png

• Disagree
Reactions: purplewalt