Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ill do two lists because I have a local interest, and a contiguous US interest.

My local supercharging requests.
Lubbock TX - coming soon since 2016. Needed to bridge I20@ Midland TX to I40@ Amarillo TX
Roswell NM - Not on the Tesla to do list, but needed to bridge the gap between I20@ Pecos TX and I40@ Santa Rosa NM
Clovis NM - Coming soon, shortcut to central NM I25 from West TX.
Alamogordo NM - Not on the Tesla to do list, but needed to get to I25 in south NM via Cloudcroft, and Ruidoso NM is a nice place to visit.
San Angelo TX - Was kicked off the coming soon map in 2021. You can navigate down to I10 but the roads to the Ozona TX SC are terrible, and there's no phone signal with Verizon for half the trip.

For the rest of the USA I'm going to do routes that need multiple SC installed:
1 - Lakeview OR, John Day OR, Fossil OR, Burns OR (permit)
2 - Jordan MT, Lewis Town MT, Harlowton MT
3 - Dodge city KS, Lamar CO, Pueblo CO.
4 - Bemidji MI, Grand Forks ND, Minot ND, Williston ND, Glasgow MT, Malta MT, Havre MT, Shelby MT, Kalispell MT, Sand point MT...and Northeastern WA....The middle of nowhere etc.
5 - Aberdeen SD

Honorable mention: AK highway - The ultimate EV test?

Get to work Tesla! :)

-Philadelphia, PA
-King of Prussia, PA
-Gloucester Twp, NJ
-Mt. Laurel, NJ
-Anywhere on I-95 between Santee, SC and Kingsland, GA so that Savannah, GA can be avoided. Savannah chargers are too far off of the highway (not a convenient location) and the distance between Santee and Kingsland is a little too much to skip Savannah comfortably.
Hardeeville, SC? It’s a pretty new V3 a little north of Savannah on I-95 that may eliminate Savannah as a required stop. If you can make it from Hardeeville, SC to Brunswick, GA you’re golden.

88 miles looks easily doable.

Hardeeville, SC? It’s a pretty new V3 a little north of Savannah on I-95 that may eliminate Savannah as a required stop. If you can make it from Hardeeville, SC to Brunswick, GA you’re golden.

88 miles looks easily doable.
Right, but the post you were replying to was made 3 years ago (in December 2017) when neither Hardeeville nor Brunswick existed. Both locations only opened within the last 6 months. :)

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and gavine
Yep, just pointing out to that poster that his wish has come true. That’s why I mentioned the bit about it being a very new V3 SC.

@mociaf9

So most of my hopes came true 3-years later. Philadelphia how has two sites, Mt Laurel is near the Maple Shade site, Gloucester Twp is near Deptford site, King of Prussia has said "coming soon" for years so that one still hasn't come to fruition and, of course, the GA locations are great.

Reactions: mociaf9
Yep, just pointing out to that poster that his wish has come true. That’s why I mentioned the bit about it being a very new V3 SC.
Ah, ok. Your first sentence was, "Hardeeville, SC?" with a question mark at the end. Because of that, I read it as indicating that you didn't understand why anyone would be lamenting a lack of options on that stretch of I-95, since Hardeeville obviously existed. And to my mind, that response would only have been reasonable to someone posting a new list hoping that there would be something added between Santee and Kingsland, not as a reply to an old post. Hence my assumption that you had missed the posting date.

Ah, ok. Your first sentence was, "Hardeeville, SC?" with a question mark at the end. Because of that, I read it as indicating that you didn't understand why anyone would be lamenting a lack of options on that stretch of I-95, since Hardeeville obviously existed. And to my mind, that response would only have been reasonable to someone posting a new list hoping that there would be something added between Santee and Kingsland, not as a reply to an old post. Hence my assumption that you had missed the posting date.
After I wrote it, I thought, “I wonder if anyone will read that as though I’m being a wisenheimer because my response was chronologically on the other side of the new SC site’s start-up from the original post? Nah...they’ll get it.” My bad.

They aren't candidates for 8 stall v3s, but Tesla is going to have to find some way to address the less traveled, but still critical routes. I'm personally hoping something to bridge the gap between Great Falls and Billings; Harlowton fits that nicely.
Realistically there is almost no chance they would put a supercharger there before lighting up the Hi-Line.

Time to update my list.
I don't have a Tesla and won't be getting one (I have a Kona EV), so the following list is just completionist nerdiness.

My original 5 was:
Metter, GA - Open 11/27/2019
Casper, WY - (Evansville, WY) Open 7/2/2021
Hattiesburg, MS - Open 11/24/2019
Elberfeld, IN - (Haubstadt, IN) Tesla findus 2021Q4
Salamanca, NY - Open 1/31/2019

My new list is:

Haubstadt, IN - Tesla findus 2021Q4. Replaces Elberfeld, IN. I-64, and I-69. Would reduce the largest gap on I-64 to 123 miles, and although a long way west of I-69, it actually isn't much of a diversion in distance or time as it's on US-41.

West Memphis, AR - not on the Tesla map, but it should be as a it's a location that would server both I-55 and I-40 far better than the current Memphis, TN location.

Henyretta, OK - Tesla findus 2022. No brainer splitter of Oklahoma City, OK to Van Buren, AR

Conway, AR - not listed by Tesla, but would "complete" the mid-west I-40 route by splitting Ozark, AR to Brinkley, AR. It has a mall with a Target.

Watertown, SD - I-29 needs some love. There are other locations to be built, but this would help split the largest current gap.

It’s 256 miles between the supercharger near my home in Asheville, NC and the next one on I-26, the new one in Charleston, SC. Those superchargers “just off I-26” in Columbia (on I-77) and Santee (on I-95) require almost an hour detour in both cases that kind of kills our road trip to Charleston. My top most anticipated supercharger location personally is anywhere on I-26 in South Carolina.
8FF0DD4E-778E-4737-A29A-1BB777B7D93A.png

Last edited:
It’s 256 miles between the supercharger near my home in Asheville, NC and the next one on I-26, the new one in Charleston, SC. Those superchargers “just off I-26” in Columbia (on I-77) and Santee (on I-95) require almost an hour detour in both cases that kind of kills our road trip to Charleston. My top most anticipated supercharger location personally is anywhere on I-26 in South Carolina.View attachment 635067

Spartenburg, SC and West Columbia, SC are obvious splitters.
But to get all the gaps under 100 miles, I'd suggest Clinton, SC and Orangeburg, SC.

Those superchargers “just off I-26” in Columbia (on I-77) and Santee (on I-95) require almost an hour detour in both cases that kind of kills our road trip to Charleston.
I call BS. The Santee supercharger is right on your way; Google maps says that it's 4:25 detouring to the Santee supercharger and 4:09 without. 15 minutes detour. Hardly going to kill your road trip. You East Coasters: "ohhh, I want to take this particular route and the supercharger is a short detour away, boo hoo". Out West here, we plan our routes through superchargers where ever we are, and we like it!