Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your typical Icelandic jungle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KarenRei

ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ
Jul 18, 2017
Iceland
Never mentioned it before, but I'm a bit of a tropical plant nut. Any others here? :)

01. Tjaldið.jpg

02. LED ljós.jpg

03. Monstera deliciosa.jpg

04. Monstera deliciosa.jpg

05. Kaffi.jpg

06. Kókospálmi og ástaraldin.jpg

07. Kókospálmi Fiji Dwarf.jpg

08. Kókospálmi trefjur.jpg

09. Kraftaverk ber.jpg

10. Kraftaverk ber.jpg

the speed we're wrecking the cliamte, you'll be able to plant them outdoors soon enough

Haha... maybe not these, but there is some real truth to that. A lot of people here when they plant trees outside assume that they'll never get very big, because trees here grow so slowly. At our current climate, you can get a good idea of how big they would get by looking at places with similar species and a similar climate, such as Kodiak Island. But people forget that though trees are being planted in our current climate, that's not the climate they'll be in at maturity. By then, it'll be more like the current climate in Vancouver or even Washington. And trees there get huge.

Do you grow anything you can eat?
Outside Fairbanks, the owner of the Chena Hot springs resort has an impressively extensive set of greenhouses that make use of the hot springs' heat and, for a huge array of LED lighting, electricity that is partially from a geothermal electric set-up (a lot less than he claims - his diesel genset still runs a lot) to grow vast amounts of tomatoes and salad greens. Pretty cool for our climate.
Our own greenhouse is a multi-decade exemplar of the triumph of hope over experience. (Un)fortunately, I can't find any pix of it on this computer. But there always is this - anyone recognize it?
IMG_2982.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, that's enough:
It's the inner wall of the reception area of the Gigafactory. One of the more impressive living walls that I know of.

Merry Christmas, all!
Wow, awesome. I thought you were looking for plant types! I just cheated and sent out a 411 to my friend who says, "I think there are some Pothos and Calathea in there." Day late and a dollar short....o_O

Do you grow anything you can eat?
Outside Fairbanks, the owner of the Chena Hot springs resort has an impressively extensive set of greenhouses that make use of the hot springs' heat and, for a huge array of LED lighting, electricity that is partially from a geothermal electric set-up (a lot less than he claims - his diesel genset still runs a lot) to grow vast amounts of tomatoes and salad greens. Pretty cool for our climate.
Our own greenhouse is a multi-decade exemplar of the triumph of hope over experience. (Un)fortunately, I can't find any pix of it on this computer. But there always is this - anyone recognize it?
View attachment 267794
Did Elon's brother Kimble create that plant wall? All edible, right?