Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancelation Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email this morning saying my order from April 25, 2021 was going to be canceled and order fee forfeited unless I reached out to order support by November 16th. Doesn’t match my order page which says all is good until 2022. Anyone else get an email like this?

1635881122134.png

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Got an email this morning saying my order from April 25, 2021 was going to be canceled and order fee forfeited unless I reached out to order support by November 16th. Doesn’t match my order page which says all is good until 2022. Anyone else get an email like this?

View attachment 728590
I got the same email. My order was at the time as yours. I'll reach out to my SA. Please let me know what they respond you. Thanks

When did you order? Trying to figure out if this is a 6+ month thing or if they are just trying to clear all orders on hold with old pricing. I emailed the address listed explaining my plan. Haven’t seen a response yet.
I ordered on April 9th but this is my second MY and they've already tried to deliver twice. I purchased my first MY Oct 2020 but Tesla bought it back on March 2021 since it was a lemon.

Reactions: ConchChick
Sounds like they are tired of people putting orders on hold and want to simplify their lives.
Why even support hold in the first place? It’s one thing to accommodate the customer if Tesla has a car ready for customer to pick up and customer is not available due to other commitments and it is mutually beneficial to let the customer pick up the next available vehicle. But probably time has come for Tesla to do away with order and hold and keep the price process.

Why even support hold in the first place? It’s one thing to accommodate the customer if Tesla has a car ready for customer to pick up and customer is not available due to other commitments and it is mutually beneficial to let the customer pick up the next available vehicle. But probably time has come for Tesla to do away with order and hold and keep the price process.
I've been frustrated with people putting vehicles on hold over and over again as I think it increases the estimated EDD and certainly makes it less accurate for them to forecast. With that said, if we are able to pick it up within a reasonable time frame they should allow us to delay it by a few days to do so, especially given how far out they are expecting these to be delivered. I'd also be a fan of a high deposit amount, which would increase the likelihood of serious buyers making the reservation.

I got the same email. My order was at the time as yours. I'll reach out to my SA. Please let me know what they respond you. Thanks
Still no response from Order Support but my SA said it is auto generated (6 months maybe?) and that I should just click accept now as new orders are into June. If they offer me a vin in December I should just ask if it is 2022 and if not then decline. The I will be placed in the next queue which is Q1 2022.

I spoke to my SA yesterday and he told me to reply to the email telling them that I'm still interested in taking possession of the car in the new year. He told me that if they push back I could tell them that I'll take possession now and he would delay again if I'm paired with a VIN.

It didn't take long to receive a reply from Tesla after I emailed them. They told me they'd keep my car on hold and to inform them when I'm ready to take possession which for me would be the 1st quarter of 2022. I work in the film industry and have been working remotely since I placed the order. They seem to understand.

Did you receive an update?

I spoke to my SA yesterday and he told me to reply to the email telling them that I'm still interested in taking possession of the car in the new year. He told me that if they push back I could tell them that I'll take possession now and he would delay again if I'm paired with a VIN.

It didn't take long to receive a reply from Tesla after I emailed them. They told me they'd keep my car on hold and to inform them when I'm ready to take possession which for me would be the 1st quarter of 2022. I work in the film industry and have been working remotely since I placed the order. They seem to understand.

Did you receive an update?
I have not received anything from ordersupport. I did send a new email, not a reply. In case that doesn't work, I just sent a reply.

You sold your MY SR? And picking up a LR? Congrats by the way!
Nope. Selling the M3. Wife is too in love with the SR MY to share. And complains about the harsh M3 ride. Always taking the MY everywhere, especially with car seat and I have found I miss AWD and the extra range we’d have from the LR. So we will be a 2 MY family come 2022. We will keep the unicorn for a long while.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Nope. Selling the M3. Wife is too in love with the SR MY to share. And complains about the harsh M3 ride. Always taking the MY everywhere, especially with car seat and I have found I miss AWD and the extra range we’d have from the LR. So we will be a 2 MY family come 2022. We will keep the unicorn for a long while.
Ahh, the Model 3. A bit of a shame but getting a LR Y is a nice upgrade. Enjoy!

I think we both got our SR MY’s the same time, which was when they were at their lowest prices. I think now we know why they got rid of it, the LR Y’s were selling like hot cakes.

Ahh, the Model 3. A bit of a shame but getting a LR Y is a nice upgrade. Enjoy!

I think we both got our SR MY’s the same time, which was when they were at their lowest prices. I think now we know why they got rid of it, the LR Y’s were selling like hot cakes.
Yes, part of me will miss the 3 but the biggest difference I can tell now is that the 3 still has selectable regen and at its highest, it is more than the Tesla setting on the Y, which I prefer and will miss. But increased performance, range and space along with safety of AWD are driving me to the Y. And having a hold at $51k compared to $57k and the potential $8k tax rebate make it a no brainer. Had a local dealer appraise my 3 (well they had a “Tesla dealer” appraise it for them) at $40-43k. A bit higher than the other usual suspects. With what I’ve paid so far and will get out of it, it pretty much resets where I was 18 months ago with a brand new more capable car.

Reactions: N2B8 and RedWhite19
Yes, part of me will miss the 3 but the biggest difference I can tell now is that the 3 still has selectable regen and at its highest, it is more than the Tesla setting on the Y, which I prefer and will miss. But increased performance, range and space along with safety of AWD are driving me to the Y. And having a hold at $51k compared to $57k and the potential $8k tax rebate make it a no brainer. Had a local dealer appraise my 3 (well they had a “Tesla dealer” appraise it for them) at $40-43k. A bit higher than the other usual suspects. With what I’ve paid so far and will get out of it, it pretty much resets where I was 18 months ago with a brand new more capable car.
Once again, you struck the iron when it was hot! I remember when the LR was 49,990 and the SRMY was 39,990. The SR+ base now starts at 45.

I don’t think I’ll get rid of the Model SR+, maybe for a M3P down the road. But I’m definitely keeping the SRMY, it is everything and more than I need.