Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancelation Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does the 30 day language mean they won't cancel my order if they assign a VIN to me in December but I want to wait 30 days instead? Sounds like it means I have to take delivery within 3 days or they move on to the next person. I'm traveling a lot in December so not sure if I'll even be able to take delivery if offered. I got the email about coming off hold on December 9th. My SA said to make sure I do it a day in advance.

Here we go

We’re contacting you regarding the Model Y you ordered on July 28, 2021 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model Y at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.

Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by December 9, 2021.

If your order remains on hold on December 9, 2021, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.

Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

I got a variation of this message via text. Replied back immediately with YES. And BTW I removed the hold on my order over two months ago. Obviously no response.
I got that same message earlier today. I replied yes and they responded 3 hours later:

Thank you for your response, we'll keep your order active. Please plan to take delivery of the next Model Y that you are assigned to.

My agreement from May says I have to take delivery within 90 days after first attempt. The first Vin was assigned to me October 12th. So technically I am not violating the agreement trying to delay into January. Hopefully my current EDD sticks.

Anyone have a 7 seater on reservation, just trying to figure out how much that is factoring into the EDD.

Attachments

• CD6E0E93-2C86-4952-9075-269981A3D9FE.jpeg
    CD6E0E93-2C86-4952-9075-269981A3D9FE.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 116
I got that same message earlier today. I replied yes and they responded 3 hours later:

Thank you for your response, we'll keep your order active. Please plan to take delivery of the next Model Y that you are assigned to.
Can you please let us know once they assign you a VIN? Want to track how long between when you replied yes and when they assign the VIN. Thanks!

Can you please let us know once they assign you a VIN? Want to track how long between when you replied yes and when they assign the VIN. Thanks!
I released my hold on 12/1 night using the I'm Ready button and the estimated delivery window was set between 12/16-12/31 the next day. Today (12/3), VIN assigned with EDD 12/21-12/31. White/Black, 7 seater, 19" and FSD.

I released my hold on 12/1 night using the I'm Ready button and the estimated delivery window was set between 12/16-12/31 the next day. Today (12/3), VIN assigned with EDD 12/21-12/31. White/Black, 7 seater, 19" and FSD.
Are you planning to take delivery or delay it ??

Like you, I released my hold on 12/1 , my EDD has been 12/17 - 12/31 .... no VIN yet

MYLR, white ext, black int, 20" induction wheels, hitch, FSD

Ordered Oct
EDD late Jan - early Feb
11/21 received VIN, then requested delay to Jan 1 with no issues
12/2 received cancellation email indicating must select "I'm Ready" by 12/9. Emailed them back pleading to delay until I return to the country on Jan 1 since I'm physically not able to take delivery. I even emailed them a copy of my flight confirm/itinerary.
12/4 received this reply:

"Hello,​
Thank you for your message. We are not able to hold your order until the new year. You would need to remove the hold to prevent cancellation.​
Please log into your Tesla account (ts.la/account), select ‘Manage’ next to your reservation and then hit the “I’m Ready” button on the following page. If the hold on your order is not lifted by 12/9, if your order is placed on hold again after 12/9 or if the next available VIN is rejected, your order will be automatically cancelled.​
I have included your Tesla Advisor on this email to review any further questions you may have.​
Kindly,​
Inside Operations Advisor"​

Reactions: voxel
MYLR, white ext, black int, 20" induction wheels, hitch, FSD

Ordered Oct
EDD late Jan - early Feb
11/21 received VIN, then requested delay to Jan 1 with no issues
12/2 received cancellation email indicating must select "I'm Ready" by 12/9. Emailed them back pleading to delay until I return to the country on Jan 1 since I'm physically not able to take delivery. I even emailed them a copy of my flight confirm/itinerary.
12/4 received this reply:

"Hello,​
Thank you for your message. We are not able to hold your order until the new year. You would need to remove the hold to prevent cancellation.​
Please log into your Tesla account (ts.la/account), select ‘Manage’ next to your reservation and then hit the “I’m Ready” button on the following page. If the hold on your order is not lifted by 12/9, if your order is placed on hold again after 12/9 or if the next available VIN is rejected, your order will be automatically cancelled.​
I have included your Tesla Advisor on this email to review any further questions you may have.​
Kindly,​
Inside Operations Advisor"​
Correction: I originally ordered in Aug, not Oct.

ok so i got a email about cancellation too had to repky by Dec 6th on hold till Jan 5th ,,,,,,, I replied that I will take in Jan they said OK will keep my order... Do I need to worry??
What is your original order date? How long has it been on hold?

Seems like they have been most aggressive on older order dates, but even that has been a bit inconsistent.

Seems like they have been most aggressive on older order dates, but even that has been a bit inconsistent.
They are being aggressive if you have violated the terms of the contract you are operating under. If you have a hold release within the acceptable timeframe they are allowing that to continue. Only threatening to cancel if you go beyond that.

Xabadu had already received a vin before placing on hold so they have already rejected one vehicle in teslas eyes. Their contract says 90 days from order if vin is available. Sounds like 90 days would be sometime in November if they ordered in August so they are getting some leeway. The way to properly use the hold system is to place on hold before receiving a vin.

It's so interesting Delivery Operations team says if your order is placed on hold again, your order will be automatically cancelled.

However placing on-hold can only be done by Sales Advisor team. As result there is no unified message from the company, but an internal war among teams. I think Delivery Operations will smash all others since that email backend by Elon.

My Date was 5/15 Interestingly I have it on hold till Jan 5th but when I click on the order status and on delivery config.. I see a vin number already there. Is that a erroe? or in Jan they will release that car to me. It a Y in blue color 5 seater

My Date was 5/15 Interestingly I have it on hold till Jan 5th but when I click on the order status and on delivery config.. I see a vin number already there. Is that a erroe? or in Jan they will release that car to me. It a Y in blue color 5 seater
If they gave you a VIN, I don’t think they are going to give you until January to take delivery.