Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Your vehicle does not support sharing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I was looking up a location on my iPhone and tried to send it to the Tesla apps and got an error message saying "your vehicle doesn't support sharing from a mobile device."

Has anyone else gotten this? I just sent a destination to the app within the last week so I'm not sure what's changed.

IMG_0932.jpg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I recently had this issue, car is on 2022.20.18 FSDb and Tesla app is 4.14.1. I doubled checked functionality using iOS 16.1, now working. If I open "contacts" on my phone, and then "share," I am able to send the address to my Tesla. And sharing an address from a webpage is also working. I just updated iOS so maybe try that? I can upload some screenshots if helpful.

• Helpful
Reactions: sleepydoc
I also just had this probem. I always share locations with the Tesla and just started having this error ("Your vehicle does not support sharing from a mobile device"). The only thing I've done differently lately is that I turned on sentry mode a few days ago.
So I tried turning off sentry mode in the Tesla app, and then it worked! I was able to send a location via google maps again.
Hope that helps.

I was looking up a location on my iPhone and tried to send it to the Tesla apps and got an error message saying "your vehicle doesn't support sharing from a mobile device."

Has anyone else gotten this? I just sent a destination to the app within the last week so I'm not sure what's changed.

View attachment 868413
Today is 2-14-2023 and I just started getting this error when I tried to share an address with the Tesla symbol. My sharing function will not work with either my 2022 or 2023 Tesla Model Y LR. My message says Error! There was a problem sharing content with your vehicle. Please try again later. I am using an iPhone 14 and my wife is using an iPhone 13.

Reactions: mjun