TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

You're Invited to an Exclusive Q&A with Elon Musk!

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Eberhard, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

i will go to the opening of Tesla Store in Milan. Does someone has questions, which i can pass to Elon Musk?

2. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I would like to know about charging options, plugs and voltages in Europe.
    I would like to know when the standard options list comes out, or the full options list with prices :)
    I would like to know about a removable or permanently mounted hitch option, or if not why not? (someone please tell Mush hitches are normal on sportssedans in European countries)

Cobos

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Where do they expect to put the charge port door on Model S? J1772 for all markets?
    Any news on high speed DC connection standard?

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I second the high speed DC connection question. Can you ask about this for the US market as well?

Can you ask if they're planning an iPhone or similar app to check charge, turn on AC/heat remotely...etc? Thanks.

5. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Too bad, I was invited too, but I can't make it :(

But the things I'd like to know as a European:
    - 3 phase charging!
    - Which plug for Europe
    - When they expect the 300-mile pack to come out (If it comes later, could I buy a 230 now and upgrade later to 300 by giving the 230 back?)

On the Tesla Motors forum I posted this:

I would really like a open software platform in the Model S and get the max out of the car. Since it will have 3G/4G internet it would be really nice to take advantage of that.

6. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

Hi there,

I would also like to know about the 3phase charging and DC fast charging possibilities for europe but rather as upgrades for the roadster. also would like to know when an eventual x model would be slated for and if that would be based on the s underpinnings or the rav-4 EV:s underpinnings.

thanks for helping us all out

/fb

7. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

What sort of charging adapter will Tesla be offering for the Roadster to meet the J1772, barrel or pigtail & when will it be available?

Also, will there be any performance difference between a regular Model S and the Signature Model S (akin to the Roadster / Roadster Sport).

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

When will they offer a Roadster J connector fix?

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I'd love to know this too. My customer rep said second quarter 2011 last time I emailed her but didn't say exactly what the solution was.

10. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

When is the opening in Milan? I will be there in May.

11. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

February 11th I thought.

12. Nik

Nik Dreaming no more :-(

Ask him what he would do differently if he were to be starting the development of the Model S again, knowing what he knows now.

You won't get a straight answer, but it is interesting to see what sort of answers people give to questions like this.

Nik

13. LST

LST Senior Member

I'm invited too, but unfortunately can't make it, so i would like to know:
    - when an where can i see the interior in person ?, model s should replace our XC90, 7 seater, we'll need the third row definitely
    - will TM change the nose design ?
    - will there be an 4-wheel drive option, if yes, when ?
    - has TM plans to invest / look for cooperation in charging stations (car parks in big city centers, highways) i would definitely prefer car parks, you go to am meeting somewhere, charge, go back home on a full charge..
    - replacement batteries for the Roadster (i bought the replacement pack upfront) capacity, weight, options ?
    - what is Elons personal prediction of TM shares in 12month, in 3 years ?
    - how does Elon judge the impact on sales of TM S and Roadster from vehicles like the VW XL1, better Hybrids, Leaf etc ?

14. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Good questions, but you're getting into a bit of a dodgy area here (when asking the CEO of a publicly traded company to predict future share prices...)

15. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I was also invited but probably also can't make it. I'd like to raise the following:

- Suggest they offer 3 phase Mennekes, J1772 and CHAdeMO as standard in Europe on Model S. We are going to see them all. If they can get one or all on the remaining Roadsters, all the better.

- Suggest they have a UMC that can convert normal 3 phase supply to Mennekes standard.

- I'd like to get the Roadster sat-nav upgraded to show charging station locations and real-time availability information (like the one in the LEAF). Model S must have this.

- Link the distance remaining of your programmed sat-nav route to the real world range left in the car. Have it show up on the VDS or a gauge to allow you to moderate your driving or even better get the cruise control to drive the car in a way that matches them up (with some margin).

- Ask him to ensure the Model S has 3 phase in Europe... Did I say that already? Exactly.

16. AndrewBissell

AndrewBissell Member

- Have him hire David Peilow as Product Manager for Tesla Vehicle Charging (Europe)