Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youth Invest in Tesla Stock - Seniors Prefer General Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
Apparently Tesla stock is popular with young adults and not seniors like me: Tesla ain’t no stock for old men, but Apple is - MarketWatch

My cohort seems stuck in only the most familiar mud. Indeed, it has been hard to convince my older friends about Tesla cars and stock. They want cars that make noise, guzzle gas and are smiled upon by the hosts of Fox News. They want stocks that pay dividends and are recommended by the Wall Street Journal. They appreciated new ideas when they were young, but no more. Fortunately, today's young people can see the prospects for innovative 21st century products. I suspect they'll be buying Tesla cars and stock in even greater volume as they grow wiser and richer.

I'm 69 and have been a Tesla shareholder for 27 months. What's your situation?

Apparently Tesla stock is popular with young adults and not seniors like me: Tesla ain’t no stock for old men, but Apple is - MarketWatch

My cohort seems stuck in only the most familiar mud. Indeed, it has been hard to convince my older friends about Tesla cars and stock. They want cars that make noise, guzzle gas and are smiled upon by the hosts of Fox News. They want stocks that pay dividends and are recommended by the Wall Street Journal. They appreciated new ideas when they were young, but no more. Fortunately, today's young people can see the prospects for innovative 21st century products. I suspect they'll be buying Tesla cars and stock in even greater volume as they grow wiser and richer.

I'm 69 and have been a Tesla shareholder for 27 months. What's your situation?

Another interesting thought Curt; Average age of a roadster/model S buyer/owner versus average age of TSLA holder

I suspect most owners of TM products own stock?

Another interesting thought Curt; Average age of a roadster/model S buyer/owner versus average age of TSLA holder

I suspect most owners of TM products own stock?
I know this mights sound wrong, but I only invest in stocks that make sense to me, and $TSLA is one of them. And I think you are right, if the car made sense to the owners, the stock will.

The headache for me who also accumulated at such low price was that, when the share price dropped substantially, it was hard to choose sell or hold. Because the capital tax is also significant.

Do you guys have better strategy if it happens again? I am eager to know.