Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youth Invest in Tesla Stock - Seniors Prefer General Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28, bought my first single stock shares a little bit over a month ago (189.5). Been pretty nice since of course.

Really, really wanted to buy about 2 years ago in the ~40 dollar range, talked to some friends about how to use call options to leverage things even more, then never followed through because of money stuff. Wish I would have gone with my gut.

Been lurking here a bit, trying really hard to learn the ins and outs of trading (I also have accounts dedicated to pure investing, I want to do a bit of both, long term holds that I DCA and never touch, but also want to use options to do some covering and profit taking and downside protection to keep the shars and things). Anyone have some great resources I can look into for that side?

Basically I want to be Causa-light ;) in one portfolio and warren buffet + tesla buy and hold in another.

You might try Here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/40245-TSLA-Trading-Strategies Welcome to the Forum Irishjugg! :wink:

50, holding shares from 31 months ago. Day traded TSLA off and on since Tesla went public. Went from day trading to looooooooong in spring of 2013 when I realized Tesla and the Model S had made it, but the rest of the world (except you guys here) was still thinking of electric cars as jokes.

You might try Here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/40245-TSLA-Trading-Strategies Welcome to the Forum Irishjugg! :wink:

Nice, thank you! I have been browsing that thread here and there but need to deep dive it and read everything.

Any of the active traders here have any can't miss books or things I can dive into? About to have a lot of free time.
I have some background in options, I worked as a software engineer for a market making prop shop that specialized in options, so I know a lot of the very basics (though, Im rusty - that was three years ago). Really looking to dive in as much as I can. If Elon can read for 5 hours a day while he worked 100 hour weeks, I should certainly be able to with my 40-50 hour work schedule :)