Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube account login

zcsnyder

Aug 6, 2017
Washington, DC
Have any of you figured out a way to login to your YouTube account in the car? I have YouTube premium and would like to be able to enjoy YouTube without ads and with my subscriptions and watch lists handy, but get a message from google to the effect of the browser not being secure/supported

OzVic

Jun 20, 2019
Australia
Have any of you figured out a way to login to your YouTube account in the car? I have YouTube premium and would like to be able to enjoy YouTube without ads and with my subscriptions and watch lists handy, but get a message from google to the effect of the browser not being secure/supported

The Google login at runescape.com recently worked for me.

CarvedArt

Aug 12, 2020
Mars
I just wrote this in React using Google's OAuth API as a CodeSandbox App, you can give it a try if you want: React App (bol7p.csb.app)

I haven't put a ton of effort into it and it may not work. If it does awesome, if it doesn't, back to the drawing board. I'm not willing to logout and test it for fear of not being able to log back in! The source code is available right on the page (To view the code press the 'Open Sandbox' button on the page - note: it's probably better viewed on something other than the WebKit browser in the Tesla because of how slow it can be.).

Last edited:

CarvedArt

Aug 12, 2020
Mars
I just wrote this in React using Google's OAuth API as a CodeSandbox App, you can give it a try if you want: React App (bol7p.csb.app)

I haven't put a ton of effort into it and it may not work. If it does awesome, if it doesn't, back to the drawing board. I'm not willing to logout and test it for fear of not being able to log back in! The source code is available right on the page (To view the code press the 'Open Sandbox' button on the page - note: it's probably better viewed on something other than the WebKit browser in the Tesla because of how slow it can be.).
Anyone care to test it out?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC