Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube account login

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of you figured out a way to login to your YouTube account in the car? I have YouTube premium and would like to be able to enjoy YouTube without ads and with my subscriptions and watch lists handy, but get a message from google to the effect of the browser not being secure/supported

I just wrote this in React using Google's OAuth API as a CodeSandbox App, you can give it a try if you want: React App (bol7p.csb.app)

I haven't put a ton of effort into it and it may not work. If it does awesome, if it doesn't, back to the drawing board. I'm not willing to logout and test it for fear of not being able to log back in! The source code is available right on the page (To view the code press the 'Open Sandbox' button on the page - note: it's probably better viewed on something other than the WebKit browser in the Tesla because of how slow it can be.).

Last edited:
I just wrote this in React using Google's OAuth API as a CodeSandbox App, you can give it a try if you want: React App (bol7p.csb.app)

I haven't put a ton of effort into it and it may not work. If it does awesome, if it doesn't, back to the drawing board. I'm not willing to logout and test it for fear of not being able to log back in! The source code is available right on the page (To view the code press the 'Open Sandbox' button on the page - note: it's probably better viewed on something other than the WebKit browser in the Tesla because of how slow it can be.).
Anyone care to test it out?

Hope this helps everyone...

In order to log into your YouTube account go into your Google setting and turn off 2-way verification when logging in. Once this is turned off you can sign into your Google account. After you sign into YouTube on your Tesla go back to your google settings and turn 2-way verification back on.

Hope this helps everyone...

In order to log into your YouTube account go into your Google setting and turn off 2-way verification when logging in. Once this is turned off you can sign into your Google account. After you sign into YouTube on your Tesla go back to your google settings and turn 2-way verification back on.
I actually don't think that works, I think Google yells at you that the browser is "out of date" and insecure or something. It's NOT just the two factor issue...

We all need to tweet Musk about this, daily. Just keep tweeting once a day to him asking for this to be fixed.

After weeks of periodically trying to login to youtube to no avail (dropbox and runescape never worked), it let me do it yesterday. Directly in the youtube app! Didn't complain about the browser not being secure at all.

It did get locked up on my security key verification, but after removing that from my account temporarily, it was able to login using a different 2-factor method (phone verification). Not sure what changed, but hopefully I stay logged in and never need to do this again.

Reactions: OCMike1
I actually don't think that works, I think Google yells at you that the browser is "out of date" and insecure or something. It's NOT just the two factor issue...

We all need to tweet Musk about this, daily. Just keep tweeting once a day to him asking for this to be fixed.
Be sure to also enable allow less secure app or something like that. Then you can log into google from the tesla browser.

• Informative
Reactions: AimStellar
Be sure to also enable allow less secure app or something like that. Then you can log into google from the tesla browser.
Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.