Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube Login - Not Secure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am unable to login to YouTube or Chrome browser. Moment I enter my email ID and press enter, I see a message:

COULDN'T SIGN YOU IN

YOU ARE TRYING TO SIGN IN FROM A BROWSER OR APP THAT DOESN'T ALLOW US TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT SECURE.

TRY USING A DIFFERENT BROWSER

Any workaround or solution?

I saw a post on this elsewhere, I think you could find it. Common issue. If you are able to sign in to some other account, using your browswer (I believe), then when you return to YouTube you should be able to. Good Luck!

SS

I am unable to login to YouTube or Chrome browser. Moment I enter my email ID and press enter, I see a message:

COULDN'T SIGN YOU IN

YOU ARE TRYING TO SIGN IN FROM A BROWSER OR APP THAT DOESN'T ALLOW US TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT SECURE.

TRY USING A DIFFERENT BROWSER

Any workaround or solution?

Had the same issue. You need to use the browser to sign into another google account then should be good to go on Youtube. One suggestion is plex.tv and sign up and in for a free account via google.

Reactions: ppc750
I did the Plex.tv method and it worked. Within youtube search plex.tv and you will see the option to sign in. Use your google credentials and then youtube will retain your login.

Just wanted to report that this method worked for me and I use 2FA. Simply confirmed on my phone the sign-in from the Tesla browser and the credentials worked to then sign into YouTube and YouTube TV

How do you do it if you have 2FA? I tried Plex.tv and choose google login, enter email and PW and then I get notified on my phone to approve a log in. Doesn’t work. Any ideas?

FYI, Plex login method is broken now.. Looks like they are either using the new secure method of logging in that google themselves require or Google pushed this out on everyone (not a bad thing, just Tesla needs to fix their *sugar* browser)