Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube login

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. First time poster. I’ve had a new Model 3 performance for about two months. Although the build quality is better than I expected, I have a problem logging into YouTube. After I submit my Google username I get a message stating that the browser may not be safe or virus free. Never get a chance to sign in with the password. I’ve tried both Firefox and Chrome without success. I also opened up a Flex TV account with no effect. I get it that all Tesla’s come standard with a few bugs. From what I have read this YouTube login issue has been around for awhile. I appreciate any suggestions the Forum can provide. Also looking forward to participating.

Thanks!

John

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
Here is your fix.
The issue is the browser that Tesla uses does not like to log into Google. So, the best work around is to go to plex web page. Pretend that you want to log into the plex web site. Select sign in, select google account. Here is where you put your google log in email and pass word. Then when the browser you are using is signed in, it will stay signed in when you use the youtube app under entertainment.
Another youtube describing how to.

Hope this helps.

Just an FYI.

Was having the Google sign in issue. Gave up after several attempts to use the work around. A few days later decided to try again. Got all my ducks in a row to make sure I was ready with a new website, sign ons, passwords etc. but when I started the process the direct sign in through the YouTube app in the car just WORKED?

Duh!

Reactions: CA4Fun
I have 2FA, and I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked so far. I think Google considers the browser unknown or insecure and won't allow the login.

Tried:
- Straight login - Immediately blocked after email entry
- Login via Plex - Email and password accepted, 2FA screen hangs forever
- Login via App Password from Google - Not accepted. Apparently only works for unusual login situations, not official Google modals that support 2FA

Only remaining thing is to disable 2FA, and then enable "Low Security Logins" or something similar. That feels like it might work. But a lot of stuff to reset just so I can get Gmail in a browser in my car.

I have 2FA, and I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked so far. I think Google considers the browser unknown or insecure and won't allow the login.

Tried:
- Straight login - Immediately blocked after email entry
- Login via Plex - Email and password accepted, 2FA screen hangs forever
- Login via App Password from Google - Not accepted. Apparently only works for unusual login situations, not official Google modals that support 2FA

Only remaining thing is to disable 2FA, and then enable "Low Security Logins" or something similar. That feels like it might work. But a lot of stuff to reset just so I can get Gmail in a browser in my car.

Nope tried even the last option. No dice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I was able to log in with a G Suite account worked first try - tried my regular gmail and no luck (same secure issue as already posted).
I have logged out and back in and it works - Gsuite account only.

I'm on 2021.4.3 (was 2020.48.37 also worked this same setup)

I posted this in another topic. Hope this helps you.

In order to log into your YouTube account go into your Google setting and turn off 2-way verification when logging in. Once this is turned off you can sign into your Google account. After you sign into YouTube on your Tesla go back to your google settings and turn 2-way verification back on.

I posted this in another topic. Hope this helps you.

In order to log into your YouTube account go into your Google setting and turn off 2-way verification when logging in. Once this is turned off you can sign into your Google account. After you sign into YouTube on your Tesla go back to your google settings and turn 2-way verification back on.
I have always had 2-way verification off and its still an issue.

With 2FA, I was able to login by having it make me press accept from my phone. Initially, it wanted me to plug in my Titan key but it wouldn't recognize it. So, I had to tap on the "Try Another Way" button to pick one of the other options to authenticate. All depends on how you set up your 2FA on Google, I suppose