Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube Music not showing current Playlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone using YouTube Music and not seeing the Playlist tab when playing music. Not sure if its an iPhone thing but I swore when I had a Pixel phone and using Google Play music I could see the playlist tab.. I know it doesn't show all your playlists, just the songs in the currently selected playlist. But now I can't even see that :( Curious if others have the same issue?

Here is a screen shot from someone else, but this is how it should look, https://i.imgur.com/YiEzknz.jpg

I don't see that playlist tab anymore.

I'm in the same boat on my Model 3 (software version 2020.48.12.1), but I am using a Pixel 3a + YouTube Music. I think it was the switch to YouTube Music from Google Play that caused this regression and not your switch to iPhone.

Little things like this are making me envious of Spotify users, but the $15/month family plan to get YouTube Music + ad-free YouTube Red as an entire family is too good of a deal. I don't feel like forking out another monthly subscription fee to Spotify just to get the sweet integration in Tesla. Hopefully Google or Tesla will be able to fix whatever is going on with the playlist integration here. That was at least a happy medium.

Reactions: VivekDr
I'm in the same boat on my Model 3 (software version 2020.48.12.1), but I am using a Pixel 3a + YouTube Music. I think it was the switch to YouTube Music from Google Play that caused this regression and not your switch to iPhone.

Little things like this are making me envious of Spotify users, but the $15/month family plan to get YouTube Music + ad-free YouTube Red as an entire family is too good of a deal. I don't feel like forking out another monthly subscription fee to Spotify just to get the sweet integration in Tesla. Hopefully Google or Tesla will be able to fix whatever is going on with the playlist integration here. That was at least a happy medium.

I just ran across this while searching for solutions to this problem. This is from 2019 and seems Android-specific, so might not resolved the issue, but I'll try it and report back: Track I.D / song information not displaying over Bluetooth. - YouTube Music Community

I just ran across this while searching for solutions to this problem. This is from 2019 and seems Android-specific, so might not resolved the issue, but I'll try it and report back: Track I.D / song information not displaying over Bluetooth. - YouTube Music Community

I tried changing by Bluetooth AVRCP version on my Pixel 3a using the Developer Tools (defaulted to 1.5 on my device, but I tried 1.6 and 1.4) and cycling my bluetooth power on and off in between. At first, I thought this was making an impact because I started seeing the playlist show up in my Model 3. But I think I started to realize that the AVRCP version didn't matter. I just start a playlist and then hit the "next" button, and the playlist shows up. For some reason it just doesn't show when playing the first song. Give it a shot and see if you can reproduce this? Start a playlist in YouTube Music (incidentally I did a 'shuffle') and then hit 'next' to go to the 2nd song. If that doesn't work, try cycling your bluetooth power and then do it again. It got me the playlist, the album art, and the interactive control of the playlist.

This will probably get me by for now, but it definitely feels bush-league and I hope that a fix is coming.