Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtube not working on LTE with 36.2.1 software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticed this? Works fine on WiFi, but not LTE.

Free cell streaming may not last forever according to the release note:

"Note: We have temporarily enabled the ability to stream videos over cell."

XDeRgoN.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
Yep YouTube no longer works over LTE (Only Wifi or Tether)

There is a small icon (Small grey square - same as Wifi icon) on the YouTube app under Theater (Top RIght of icon if i remeber) which is the Connect to Wifi icon.

YouTube stopped working over LTE while my SR+ was still on software version 2019.32, but Netflix still work on 2019.36

I suspect they disabled LTE access to YouTube because you can use links in YouTube descriptions or comments to get to the Google home page. From there you can search and navigate to any website and steam content from them in fullscreen and with audio (something you can’t do with the normal windowed web browser). I now do with by tethering to my phone and have been able to steam videos from all sorts of streaming services like Apple TV+, Amazon, iPlayer etc

I noticed it wasnt working the other day as well but I tried it last night while I was at a supercharger and it worked fine

Not sure if some supercharger locations have Wi-Fi that the car can automatically connect to. You sure your car was connected to any supercharger Wi-Fi?

Again must stress I don’t actually know of supercharger locations have Wi-Fi.

Not sure if some supercharger locations have Wi-Fi that the car can automatically connect to. You sure your car was connected to any supercharger Wi-Fi?

Again must stress I don’t actually know of supercharger locations have Wi-Fi.

Cant say ive ever noticed it connected to any WiFi at any of the superchargers I've used. Just went out to the car to test it though, turned the WiFi off and YouTube loaded on LTE.

Seems that all of the Streaming apps (Netflix, Youtube, Tesla Tutorials) no longer work on LTE.
Netflix was working the other day, but looks as though thats being stopped too now,
This is in a M3 Performance with 2019.36.2.1

Spotify etc still works, so LTE has an internet connection.

Can anyone else confirm that this is the case?

Seems that all of the Streaming apps (Netflix, Youtube, Tesla Tutorials) no longer work on LTE.
Netflix was working the other day, but looks as though thats being stopped too now,

I have this too. Tried YT earlier and no longer works.

Same as yourself - M3P+ with the same software version.

YouTube was working on Saturday on my M3P with LTE on dutch network as it has for last two months.
Sunday, no youtube but netflix and spotify working, checked my IP and now on Spanish LTE network.

Confirmed. Same car, only Spotify working.