TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Youtube on the 17"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by lolachampcar, Feb 6, 2013.

1. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I did a search and checked the most recent pages and did not see a post on this. Can someone shed some light on no youtube playback controls on Model S' web browser? Perhaps this is a safety issue?
    Thanks

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

No support for flash or HTML5 video playback currently.

3. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Yes, there are no regulations about being able to see a website, or surf for that matter, but there are regulations against having video capable devices installed in the front of the car. That's why many entertainment systems, which are video capable in other countries, have the video disabled in the states.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

My Cadillac can play DVDs on the pop up screen... but only when the car is in Park. Wonder if Tesla could implement something similar for web-based video? Sure would be handy while waiting for a charge to complete on the road.

5. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Makes sense. I'll let my daughter know that PEEPS are out of the question. That conversation will not go well :(

6. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305