Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast will stream today at 1PM PDT. You can watch and particpate in the live chat on YouTube. We will be talking about FSD Beta v11, Enhanced Autopilot and much more.

YouTube tv broken: “Sorry there was an error licensing this video.”

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
On both of my Teslas I was asked to log into Google, which is unusual. Maybe that was a bad omen. I can watch YouTube but when I go into YouTube tv I get the following message on both cars: ”Sorry there was an error licensing this video.” It appeared on everything -- live and recordings. Oddly enough, I can see the little thumbnails in the TV guide so obviously I am connected.

A Google search revealed that error message typically occurs when a web browser needs updating. Yikes. BTW I signed in and out of Google, did a two thumb reset of the car and powered off/on the cars, all to no avail. Help!

Reactions: outdoors
I started having the same issue as of last night. I have tried about everything to fix it and have been on chat with YouTubeTV support and they are not of help as the Tesla Chromium browser is not supported. I have reset the car and still having the issue. Hopefully it's resolved soon or I'll probably be cancelling my subscription with them.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I started having the same issue as of last night. I have tried about everything to fix it and have been on chat with YouTubeTV support and they are not of help as the Tesla Chromium browser is not supported. I have reset the car and still having the issue. Hopefully it's resolved soon or I'll probably be cancelling my subscription with them.
Oddly enough there is a Hulu thread about inability to connect to Hulu in their Teslas and posters in that thread are ready to quit Hulu. At least one poster intends to use YouTube tv as the solution.😀 That makes me think the issues are Tesla’s and not the tv providers. I suspect we are skarooed. Trying to discuss any issue with Tesla tech support is an exercise in frustration.

smkendoman

Nov 30, 2019
SC
I spoke with Tesla support for more than a half hour today. She escalated the issue but told me I would not receive a response for 4 weeks and it would be only through email. Great!
O
I spoke with Tesla support for more than a half hour today. She escalated the issue but told me I would not receive a response for 4 weeks and it would be only through email. Great!
Please report back when you hear from Tesla. Thanks

Oddly enough there is a Hulu thread about inability to connect to Hulu in their Teslas and posters in that thread are ready to quit Hulu. At least one poster intends to use YouTube tv as the solution.😀 That makes me think the issues are Tesla’s and not the tv providers. I suspect we are skarooed. Trying to discuss any issue with Tesla tech support is an exercise in frustration.
Yup, can’t get Hulu to work, signed up today for YouTube tv free trial, that does not work. Really bummed…

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC