Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

YouTube TV works on the browser

jf64k

May 9, 2020
Los Angeles
I was parked having lunch in my MY and decided to see if YouTube TV would work.

It worked fine...not full screen of course but I was able to browse and play live tv no problem.

From Russia with Love on BBC America

F62D666F-63CC-4EB1-AE7F-DE200BC9ECE0.jpeg

Upvote 0

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
You can watch full screen through YouTube app, just have the same account logged in. Scroll down and it will have the live channels. Sometimes I need to verify my location using my phone.
Yes but I wish there was a way to access some basic functions, like opening the glovebox or adjusting the ventilation.
To do so, you have to exit YouTube and go back to the main display. So using the browser to watch YouTube is more practical,
also you can access some specific YouTube like showing the transcript on the side and use the translate function.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Old thread, but maybe someone will see this:

YouTubeTV (via the YouTube App) has stopped working for me. It will show my library, the Home tab & Live tab. But if I try and play anything now, I receive a licensing error.

Anyone else seeing this? It was working fine for me.
I started on thread on this issue several days ago.

WayneRR

Dec 7, 2021
SC
Well I'll be darned! Thanks! You actually spoke (assuming email) to YouTube? Didn't think that was possible. :)
No, actually spoke by phone (used the call back process and was called within 2 minutes). He was baffled at first, put me on hold for 3 min, and then came back with the "known issue" response. Of course, there is no telling when they will get it resolved.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC