Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube TV works on the browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was parked having lunch in my MY and decided to see if YouTube TV would work.

It worked fine...not full screen of course but I was able to browse and play live tv no problem.

From Russia with Love on BBC America

F62D666F-63CC-4EB1-AE7F-DE200BC9ECE0.jpeg

You can watch full screen through YouTube app, just have the same account logged in. Scroll down and it will have the live channels. Sometimes I need to verify my location using my phone.

You can watch full screen through YouTube app, just have the same account logged in. Scroll down and it will have the live channels. Sometimes I need to verify my location using my phone.
Yes but I wish there was a way to access some basic functions, like opening the glovebox or adjusting the ventilation.
To do so, you have to exit YouTube and go back to the main display. So using the browser to watch YouTube is more practical,
also you can access some specific YouTube like showing the transcript on the side and use the translate function.

Old thread, but maybe someone will see this:

YouTubeTV (via the YouTube App) has stopped working for me. It will show my library, the Home tab & Live tab. But if I try and play anything now, I receive a licensing error.

Anyone else seeing this? It was working fine for me.

Well I'll be darned! Thanks! You actually spoke (assuming email) to YouTube? Didn't think that was possible. :)
No, actually spoke by phone (used the call back process and was called within 2 minutes). He was baffled at first, put me on hold for 3 min, and then came back with the "known issue" response. Of course, there is no telling when they will get it resolved.

No, actually spoke by phone (used the call back process and was called within 2 minutes). He was baffled at first, put me on hold for 3 min, and then came back with the "known issue" response. Of course, there is no telling when they will get it resolved.
There are humans that work at YouTube??? 😀

Thanks for that. It's definitely firmware related on Tesla's side as well. I just got my 2nd M3 yesterday. It's on factory firmware (2021.39.102.1) and it works fine.

Go figure.

Glad to find this thread…I tried the app for the first time the other day and wondered why I was getting the error when trying to view my YouTubeTV content. Good to hear it should work and should be fixed in a future update.

Open YouTube app, go to top right corner where squares are. Just click and select YouTube tv. Easy peasy
I had been using this tip to get to Youtube TV, but after recent software update, the button with the squares in top right corner is gone. Anyone else experience this? I was able to search "Youtube TV" in the youtube app search bar, click on the advertisement that appeared, then click "learn more". At that point the normal Youtube TV started.