Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give V10 users a heads-up that YouTube TV works through the web browser on V10. No need to cancel your YouTube TV subscription and sign up for Hulu Live if you already have YouTube TV to watched over the air and other cable channels.
Yes, it works but only in limited capacity. I’m not able to access local channels, because it requires confirming location and Tesla Theater or browser does not allow it! Bummed at not able to watch live local sports and news since no access to FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS

• Informative
Reactions: TampaRich
So I ran into the same thing with not being able to set the area in the car, but I just figured it out. I'm the Tesla theater browser get to YouTube TV then click your account icon in the top right, go to settings>Area, then start the location update thing and while it is endlessly spinning go to the YouTube TV app on your phone and navigate to the same setting>Area menu and click Update on the Current Area. That will also update the Tesla browser's location setting.

Are people actually sitting long enough in the car to watch TV? If so, we need to redefine the term "mobile home" :p

yes, it’s useful if you are in the car waiting on something. For example, there is a store here that only opens for a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday early evening. I went there after work, bit arrived about 15 minutes early. I was able to sit in the parking lot and watch a football game on YT TV. Really makes the time fly.

Reactions: arcus
So I ran into the same thing with not being able to set the area in the car, but I just figured it out. I'm the Tesla theater browser get to YouTube TV then click your account icon in the top right, go to settings>Area, then start the location update thing and while it is endlessly spinning go to the YouTube TV app on your phone and navigate to the same setting>Area menu and click Update on the Current Area. That will also update the Tesla browser's location setting.

Thanks for this info!

Try signing into Google using another site in the browser. Some say signing in through Plex works. I signed in through RuneScape. You just need to find any website that you can sign into using your Google credentials, and where that site uses the old style Google authentication. Once you do get signed into Google in the browser, the You Tube TV in the theater section will work.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Try signing into Google using another site in the browser. Some say signing in through Plex works. I signed in through RuneScape. You just need to find any website that you can sign into using your Google credentials, and where that site uses the old style Google authentication. Once you do get signed into Google in the browser, the You Tube TV in the theater section will work.
Runescape login worked for me today. Thanks!

Reactions: Lexdysic