Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YouTube unplayable and Senty recording hundreds of events at home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just picked up my M3 on Friday and am loving it so far. After getting my premium connectivity started, I noticed when trying to load TuneIn that most radio stations either did not play or took a very very long time to load. Is this normal? I also tried searching for playlists and playing those, but nothing ever loaded.

I then tried to play a YouTube video and that kept buffering and cutting out. It also had this weird thing where audio would disappear and I'd have to keep adjusting the volume on my steering wheel just to hear anything.

Finally, I have my M3 in a closed garage and find every time I go to it, there are somehow hundreds of events logged, despite having it turned off at home. I noticed on my app my home is listed as a different address, so I added that as a work address, clicked to disable at work and it's still happening. How do I solve this?

Thanks so much!

You will need to drive the 3 for a while to calibrate the GPS, that will get you over to the right location, you home address on the App, The work around to be able to log into your YouTube account is to go to epix.com and log in there with your google account user & password, then go back to YouTube and you will be logged on.

Do you have WiFi in the garage and how many bars?

What is your current firmware? You can find that on the bottom of the Tesla App, the last 2 updates cleaned up the GPS in the car.

Fred

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
What kind of signal does it show for the cellular connection? That can be a big part of the problem. Also curious why you need sentry turned on if it is in an enclosed garage?
He doesn’t, he Clicked to disable but his actual listed location is wrong, he had made the wrong address his work and excluded that address.

I think he isn’t fully Calibrated yet since he just picked it up, drive it for another 30 minutes and then do a 2 button steering wheel reset, that should fix it.

Fred

• Helpful
You will need to drive the 3 for a while to calibrate the GPS, that will get you over to the right location, you home address on the App, The work around to be able to log into your YouTube account is to go to epix.com and log in there with your google account user & password, then go back to YouTube and you will be logged on.

Do you have WiFi in the garage and how many bars?

What is your current firmware? You can find that on the bottom of the Tesla App, the last 2 updates cleaned up the GPS in the car.

Fred

Interesting. If I match what my phone says is my parked location, shouldn't that resolve it anyways? Wifi in garage yes, looks to be about 4 bars. Firmware is older, 2020.20.17. I opened a ticket with Tesla to update that and they said it's on the latest version.

What kind of signal does it show for the cellular connection? That can be a big part of the problem. Also curious why you need sentry turned on if it is in an enclosed garage?

I have sentry on at all times since it should be able to be disabled at home/work/favourites per the settings, so there should be no need to manually turn it on and off every time I drive it.

Cell connection appeared to be pretty good, definitely not 1 bar but can't recall if it was 2/3 bars

• Helpful
I think he isn’t fully Calibrated yet since he just picked it up, drive it for another 30 minutes and then do a 2 button steering wheel reset, that should fix it.
Fred
So just to confirm, are you referring to the GPS or the cameras? I can understand needing calibration for the cameras, but the GPS should show the correct location almost immediately. Only reason I say that is my knowledge of electronics, but last month when I was helping out in Fremont to get cars to the holding area, they were showing the correct gps location practically immediately after coming off the line (preloaded). Every one of them. After maps of course. edit, I guess I would expect him to have maps already and working :)

I think he still needs to update his Maps, that will come next as long as he has good WiFi, We had a new GPS update to fix some issues with it, remember that when you have one of those GPS devices it acquiring 22 GPS satellites while it calibrates so its not immediately.

A few weeks ago my trip tracker started recording in another location, probably 10 minutes away from home. Not sure if that was a GPS glitch.

I say drive it for 30 minutes, while away from home do a reset by using the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and set your excluded sentry modes and return home.

Fred

I think he still needs to update his Maps, that will come next as long as he has good WiFi, We had a new GPS update to fix some issues with it, remember that when you have one of those GPS devices it acquiring 22 GPS satellites while it calibrates so its not immediately.

I say drive it for 30 minutes, while away from home do a reset by using the 2 buttons on the steering wheel and set your excluded sentry modes and return home.

Fred
good point. agree. Oh the Tesla works well with as few as 6 gps signals. I misread the part about OP having turned OFF sentry at home. So sure, it makes sense that lots of sentry events will occur if the car thinks it is on "mars" :)

A few weeks ago my trip tracker started recording in another location, probably 10 minutes away from home. Not sure if that was a GPS glitch.

Fred

As soon as Tesla pushes an update, I'll do that.

To clarify, while it has my home address incorrect, it's not 10 minutes away or anything as extreme as your example. It has my address listed as maybe 4-5 houses away from where I actually am.

To clarify, while it has my home address incorrect, it's not 10 minutes away or anything as extreme as your example. It has my address listed as maybe 4-5 houses away from where I actually am.
Curious if it is showing that inaccuracy in the garage or outside the garage. You probably know that sometimes gps devices won't be quite as accurate in a structure as in open air. If it shows that in the garage, have you pulled the car out in the driveway for a short time just to see if it is any more accurate? Just as a test

Curious if it is showing that inaccuracy in the garage or outside the garage. You probably know that sometimes gps devices won't be quite as accurate in a structure as in open air. If it shows that in the garage, have you pulled the car out in the driveway for a short time just to see if it is any more accurate? Just as a test

Nope, haven't tried that yet but will later today. Weird that it doesn't switch to wifi for more accurate locations when connected though

As soon as Tesla pushes an update, I'll do that.

Then the "sentry mode off at home" is not working, which is why you have so many notifications. Until your home location is correct, you should turn OFF the feature that makes sentry mode on everywhere except home and work, then just turn it on when you want.

That feature also has issues letting the car sleep, per others, so i wouldnt recommend using it (turning sentry mode ON everywhere but home and work). Until thats ironed out, turn it on (and off) manually.

No longer sleeps, car awake for 3 days after enabling unlock at home option

Received 2020.24.6.9 and that seemed to fix my YouTube/streaming issues. No fix for Sentry mode though. 800+ events when I went to my car this morning. Guess I'll manually trigger it on and off until I get another update.